Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: flop two pair, am I protecting am I maxing value?

Bet flop, but c/r could work as well if BTN will be the one to make most bets.

Bet turn. Dont fold to a raise. The pot will be big, and a raise could be with a naked Q. Even when you are behind you have 4 outs to improve. Reevaluate the river, but look for SD's

As played I like the river fold.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: flop two pair, am I protecting am I maxing value?

thanks for the advice guys. I felt like I played the hand poorly, despite the results. Button turned up K9 for the turned straight, and the CO turned up a Q8. I was planning on calling 1 bet on the river but folded when it came two back to me because I was pretty sure I was beat.

I think maybe my play was influenced by my read on the button since I found with a made but vulnerable hand I was better letting him bluff at it. But my mistakes let the CO off the hook, and gave the button a chance to check it through and see the river for cheap.

I'm pretty sure if I had lead out at the turn I would still have been folding on the river, because this guy has seen me take down enough pots with good hands that he wasn't bluff-raising on the big bet streets. This is one of those hands where I knew I had screwed something up regardless of the results.