Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Default overpair faces heat

sorry to keep copying ur titles sharpie but its fun

only important reads are BB is a good tag, and the limp 3bettor is an idiot who does idiotic things

2 limps, hero raises 99 otb, sb folds, bb calls, limper calls, 2nd limper 3bets, hero call? (should i cap?), both call

flop 432r
bb bets, limper 1 folds, limper 2 calls, hero raises?, bb 3bets, limper calls, hero calls

turn 6
bb bets, limper 2 calls, hero calls?

river T
bb bets, limper 2 folds, hero ..... ( and would ur answer change if the limper had called if u say call?)
Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: overpair faces heat

callcalcalclaclalcclaclaclal

i never wait for the turn in these sort of spots but i would here 99 isnt that strong on the flop and u can get away easy if ur facing two on most turns
Old 03-04-2007, 05:28 PM

oh oops i didnt see that the aggressor is supposed to be good

ur getting like 80-1 on riv tho so i prob just hate myself and call
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 PM

The only hands I can figure a decent tag would play this way are A5s, 22-44, or something like 55 or 56s. If there weren't a wierd limp-raise, I think he c/res you with 55. With the LRR, I think it is more likely that he might bet out to get the donkey to raise and push you off your hand.

I don't think I like the flop raise, I would just call and reevaluate the turn. I think if you are ahead, your hand is super vulnerable. I actually think that BB has you beaten with some kind of monster and he's leading out looking for a raise somewhere to trap people in the middle.
Maybe because of the LRR BB could also have something like 66-TT and is trying to push you off overs and protect his hand. Its a pretty confusing hand.

I probably call the flop and turn and fold the river, I don't think you can ever be ahead there. Maybe folding to that turn 6 would be best.