Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM

Default AJs with K on flop

Hello all,

I've been caught in a situation a couple of times now, and I'm afraid I haven't done the right thing either time. I'll give you two questions. Please help if you can. Sorry I don't have the hand history.

Middle position with the A/Js - one limper in early, a raise from myself, a call from the CO, Button, BB, and early limper. 10 small bets in the pot.

The flop is K, 8, 3 rainbowed.

Question #1. Do I bet the flop, hoping nobody else has the K, and if someone in late position calls, how far do I keep on betting out without hitting a pair or getting a sufficient draw?

Question #2: If I check the flop, the Button bets out, and nobody raises, what do I do? Do I fold? He could be making a positional bet with and Ace - lower kicker. If I don't fold, do I check-raise or call?

I know some will probably say, "You're not giving me enough information," but sure you've been in this situation before. What works the majority of the time? Thanks.

Cameron
Old 06-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: AJs with K on flop

This is a good board to bet even against 4 opponents as it should be tough for anyone to peel on this board if they didn't hit, although some people manage to do so.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM

This is the example from the bluff chapter, HPFAP p.86, right?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM

easy bet. with a flush draw out there or a 7 instead of the 3 its a check
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Yeah, but if someone in late DOES have the K - say a K/6 or something with a mid kicker - isn't that person likely to call? If that's the case, and I don't have an A or J on the board, why should I just keep on feeding him? Maybe I should check the turn?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if someone in late DOES have the K - say a K/6 or something with a mid kicker - isn't that person likely to call? If that's the case, and I don't have an A or J on the board, why should I just keep on feeding him? Maybe I should check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they will always call with a pair, but you're getting 10 to 1 on the bet, so you don't have to fold them all out often. I'll always check the turn if 2 people call me on this board, and usually check the turn if 1 person calls unless they're a loose peeler.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:56 PM

Take a shot on the flop. If the limper checks to you and now you bet and someone calls you, then you are beat. No draws, you raised pre-flop, K came on the board and your opponent calls you. Unless the turn is an A, I think you should check on the turn and fold if you opponent bets.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Thanks all