Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Default How long do you have to wait...?

...after taking money off of a table to return to the same game?

I was playing at the Bike this week, 200NL. New game which they shouldn't have opened because they spent the next 5 hours playing short at every 200 table. Anyway, tight player gets hit by the deck AND keeps getting paid off by people not paying attention. Runs his stack up to about $1K in two hours then leaves the table. An hour later, he's back, there are still open seats so he sits right down and plops down $200. Different seat, same results. I was pretty much the only person who didn't donate to the guy by folding every time he reached for big money. I guess the other players couldn't figure it out. Guy ran it up to $800 then cashed out again.

I talked to a floor man on my way out, but he seemed disinterested. I understand what the guy did was probably legal, but I was ticked off. Especially in a game like this, with a low buy-in relative to the blinds, taking half the chips out of play ruins the action.

Thoughts?