Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/11

LOL at Sanjaya hitting on J-Lo [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Official T8 Elimination thread in AIW
Old 04-11-2007, 10:06 PM

LOST 4/11 thread in OOT
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Anyone watching LOST? Poor Kate. I don't think i like Jack as much anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching tonight?

I love TIVO.

Tonight we watched the latest episode of Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. Fishing for Kink Crab in the Bering sea out of Dutch Harbor Alaska.

OK, I know I am a bit of a redneck sometimes but I really like this show. These guys are nuts! This episode starts out with recovery of a crew from a boat that sank, One guy out of 4 is rescued alive, founf floating in the sea for almost an hour in his survival suit. They find two of his buddies but they were not in survival suits and were just floaters. They have to bring them up into the Coast Guard chopper and inside right next to the survivor for the ride back.

These guys battle rough seas dropping 800 to 1000 pound steel baskets and bringing them back up hopefully full of crab. They work 20+ hour shifts and stop to eat a little, maybe sleep a couple of hours and go back at it.

It is amazing watching what these quys go through to put crab legs on our tables!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 PM

Maybe I've missed it but I have also been enjoying the Planet Earth show on Discovery Channel.

Really great photography and interesting stuff. I do not even have an HD TV but watching it is really fun. I can't inagine how great it is in HD!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone watching LOST? Poor Kate. I don't think i like Jack as much anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was certainly a revealing ending to tonight's episode... a little unusual for LOST...
Old 04-11-2007, 11:05 PM

WHOA. OH MY GOD. I have goose bumps from that show. Holy crap that's some good acting on her part. Intense scene.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 PM

Yeah, this is a really cool show. And it's even more hairy than you describe -- sometimes they work far longer than 20 hour days. When I saw your post, I turned on Discovery Channel(west coast, almost 9 p.m.) but it's some hockey thing. Hopefully it's still playing out here tonight.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 AM

Conan O'Brien had an amazing interview with a Victoria Angel in Feb. He was interviewing Izabel Goulart, who is probably the most vivacious and captivating super model due to her fantastic personality.

I'm trying to get hold of her FIRST interview with Conan, where she was even crazier/funnier.

Can anybody host or upload to youtube?

thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is a really cool show. And it's even more hairy than you describe -- sometimes they work far longer than 20 hour days. When I saw your post, I turned on Discovery Channel(west coast, almost 9 p.m.) but it's some hockey thing. Hopefully it's still playing out here tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I cheated and had it recorded on TIVO from Tuesday night. It looks like there are reruns going all the time from last year but the new episodes are just Tuesday nights.
The boy and I really enjoy watching this show.

"Hairy" is a great way to describe it. The last show was interesting because they showed how some of the captains were effected by the sinking of the other boat and the loss of life doing the same thing they were doing.