Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 06:25 AM

Default QQ vs nit

Villian is 16/7 - Hero is TAG, with some spewage history vs villian. I've raised the last 4 hands in a row.

Im lost on all streets really, although Im pretty sure on the flop/turn.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (MP): $258.10
CO: $460.80
BTN: $211
SB: $155.15
BB: $306.1

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 5 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($65, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($65, 2 players)
Hero ??
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: QQ vs nit

I bet 38ish hoping to get paid off by JJ/TT. I have a hard time thinking he doesn't bet a better hand on the turn and that 3 didn't help him.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 AM

44 fold to a raise
Old 01-27-2007, 07:05 AM

Wouldn't he value bet TT/JJ here, but raise better? I'd check call hoping to induce bluff from opponent (even though him being do tight suggests he will just check down) hopin ghe had a pair + draw hand. but dong this you lose value to many 9s so...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't he value bet TT/JJ here, but raise better? I'd check call hoping to induce bluff from opponent (even though him being do tight suggests he will just check down) hopin ghe had a pair + draw hand. but dong this you lose value to many 9s so...

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, yeah that's why we're betting then folding

And induce a bluff from pair+draw type hand? Wtf? He's never going to bluff with small pair type hands here.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check call hoping to induce bluff from opponent

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely the wrong guy to use this on.

40-50 sounds good.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:47 AM

any point betting turn? JJ-TT will surely pay and if he was minraising with a draw (although only JT is likely), he will not get a free card?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any point betting turn? JJ-TT will surely pay and if he was minraising with a draw (although only JT is likely), he will not get a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe afraid of a raise OOP postion? I don't know, why not raise flop then?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:10 AM

well, you can easily fold to a raise obv. In matter of fact I would be suprised of a raise.

you have a point there that why not reraise the flop if you think he is drawing. I dunno. Maybe because he will fold draws to a 3-bet (and possibly J-TT) and continue with made straight or a set. If we call his flopraise and lead 1/2 turn he might take ona more card of with his draw (and pay with worse made hands).
Old 01-27-2007, 11:47 AM

I think raising the flop sucks...Im not prepared to take my QQ up against a guy this tight for my whole stack- and he's not goig to just call a flop reraise; its fold or push time.

I checked the river to induce a bluff, but after looking at it and reading a couple replies I realize this was wrong- No worse hands are betting here imo.

He checked behind and showed some crazy [censored] like Q6 or something.