Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: ESPN PPV I\'m Angry... :(

[ QUOTE ]
And according to Gordon there will be guest pros as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

On "The Circuit" last night on cardplayer.com, they said Gavin Smith will be on the PPV as well. They didn't say if it would be in the capacity of a main host or a guest pro, but he's a pretty entertaining guy, so that'll be cool.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM

This is bloody retarded.

My DVR tells me it can record 35 hours.

I have cleaned out everything that was recorded, and everything that was set to record, and it will only let me record fifteen hours of this fargin PPV.

If it goes longer than that, and the programming sticks with it, I am going to be screwed because it isn't recording.

I am setting it up manually to record in two hour increments and I am going to try to record those to DVD on the fly so I can delete them from the DVR and set up another two hours.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is bloody retarded.

My DVR tells me it can record 35 hours.

I have cleaned out everything that was recorded, and everything that was set to record, and it will only let me record fifteen hours of this fargin PPV.

If it goes longer than that, and the programming sticks with it, I am going to be screwed because it isn't recording.

I am setting it up manually to record in two hour increments and I am going to try to record those to DVD on the fly so I can delete them from the DVR and set up another two hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried lowering the quality of your recording? If you can do this you might get more time out of it.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:40 AM

Default Re: ESPN PPV or Sirius or Gutshot

as I am not interested in paying money, gutshot I guess. do I have to register? how do i do it
Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 AM

I had emailed ESPN yesterday if they were airing the PPV more than once and I got this answer:

[ QUOTE ]
The WSOP Final Table will re-air on August 11th at 7 PM EST and August 12th at 5 PM EST

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2006, 09:48 AM

I know Gavin Smith said on the podcast last night that he will be on the PPV.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:50 AM

I just ordered PPV directly from my Comcast digital cable menu, and set my DVR to record it. The onscreen menu shows it airing from 5 pm ET to 11 pm. I assume they will really air the entire final table. I actually prefer it to be shown in "blocks" on the cable menu. Because of the way my DVR works, I can't watch a show from the beginning while recording it (it will auomatically show the program live where it is recording), and I'd like to start watching it tonight as it records the later portions. That also gives me the option of erasing the early sections as I watch them to make room on my DVR.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 AM

Forget all about this donkey tournament. I would pay for ppv of Chip Reese, Phil Ivey, and all the guys that play the big 4,000/8,000 game, but not this stuff.

I have an idea

How about I show you guys 9 random people,you watch them play cards for a few hours, you pay me half of what you were going to pay to watch these donkeys play at the main event, I kick you in the nuts, and we call it a day? Only player there with any idea is Cunningham, but because it's a tournament, he'll most likely get knocked out against some guy going all in from early position with dueces or k 4 suited.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM

This is from DIRECT TV

2006 World Series of Poker F - LIVE 8/06
Watch the '06 World Series of Poker Final Table Live! for the first time ever. Watch the final players outwit and play. One skilled player will walk away with a jackpot of up to $10 million. $24.95 (price non-refundable).

Channel: 121 PPV Air Time: Thursday, August 10 5:00 PM EDT Duration: 1200 minutes Categories: Sports, PPV MPAA Rating: NR-Content

20 HOURS????
Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget all about this donkey tournament. I would pay for ppv of Chip Reese, Phil Ivey, and all the guys that play the big 4,000/8,000 game, but not this stuff.

I have an idea

How about I show you guys 9 random people,you watch them play cards for a few hours, you pay me half of what you were going to pay to watch these donkeys play at the main event, I kick you in the nuts, and we call it a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the winner of this donkament gets 12 million + poker immortality (even if undeserved) then you have a deal.