Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Turn plan

live 20-40 9 handed. I have been card dead so I have a very tight image.

3 players limp,SB completes, I check in BB with Ad6c

The flop: 6d2c5s

SB bets(He is typically very aggressive preflop and loose, post flop he is straightforward and never check-raises. When he bets he has something and many times it is very good; straight, two pair, set etc. I haven't played with this guy a lot but it seems to me he can overplay his hands as well; for example ramming and jamming top pair bad kicker type hands when it is clear he is beat. I put him on a strong hand more often though.) The one hand where I was involved with the SB this session had him betting a flop of 747 rainbow, I raise JJ(after raising preflop) and he raised, I called him down and he showed a 7.

I raise

MP cold calls(He is tight and decent. He will peel lightly on the flop and often fails to protect his hand correctly. He seems to be pretty passive and often limps in with big pairs. In fact, he has only raised a couple times in the 3 hours I have been at the table).

The button calls(He is very loose preflop although not horrible postflop. He is deceptively good considering how loose he is preflop.)

SB reraises, everyone calls.

The turn: 6d2c5sQc

SB bets, What would be your plan?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Turn plan

fold - you're toast
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM

did you ever consider folding on the flop after the SB re-raised? Not much you can redraw to with this amount of action.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM

If he thinks MP and the button will call then he's getting 16-1. I think SB would need to have a set often to make folding correct.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post flop he is straightforward and never check-raises. When he bets he has something and many times it is very good; straight, two pair, set etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this particular read, I think even with 14:1 immediate and 16:1 implied you can fold to the SB 3-bet. You would have to be pretty sure he had two pair quite often (think back: does he complete every time in the SB with this many limpers, even with a hand as ugly as 52o or 62o?). You're very likely to be drawing to two runners.

Let's run the numbers with the only hands he could hold with a flop 3-bet according to your read:

Set combos: 7
Straight combos: 16
Two pair combos: 21

You are 23:21 to be drawing to runners. This could be weighted more to your disadvantage if you read that SB is capable of folding the SB in a limped pot instead of completing with any two.

And with all the action in the field, you have to wonder if some of those outs are out there.

Oh, and as played definitely fold the turn.

Garland
Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM

You can definitely fold the turn - between the straightforward postflop SB's bet-three bet and the coldcallers, you are toast. In fact, based on what happened, I'm tempted to not even call the flop 3-bet.

Jeff
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Abort.

I actually like the flop fold to the 3-bet.
R/F is sweet and this is a time where we can certainly do it.
Not a huge mistake either way though.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM

The turn is a fold. I would call the flop three bet because you have seen the villain jam a pot with top pair bad kicker before. You need to hit one of your five outs on the turn to continue.