Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: *** Official Breeders\' Cup Thread ***

I like Grasshoppa in today's race as he just barely lost in his last outing being a heavy favorite.

In the Big one, I like street sense
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM

The umbrellas are open today - and all races are off the turf at Monmouth Park.

Anybody think Better Talk Now has a chance in the Turf Saturday?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, McDynamo was stunning in his 5th straight BC Steeplechase. Cruised over final jump and no one else was near.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the story and am envious you got to see the race in person. The most fun I have ever had at the races was watching the jumpers at Listowel, Ireland.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're within 2-3 hrs of NJ, you should come next year. It is so much fun, really unbelievable. Best tailgate party ever for adults, even better than Fla v GA.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM

hey guys me and Jeffage and another friend of ours are going to breeders Sat. Def way excited, but no nothing about any of these horses. So il def be checking out everyones picks on here. Hopefully you can make me some money. Also if and of you have any thoughts on other races Sat let me know, i gotta get a lot of action in
Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys me and Jeffage and another friend of ours are going to breeders Sat. Def way excited, but no nothing about any of these horses. So il def be checking out everyones picks on here. Hopefully you can make me some money. Also if and of you have any thoughts on other races Sat let me know, i gotta get a lot of action in

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at Churchill Downs last year and it was a beautiful day.

I hope for your sake it doesn't rain too much Saturday. I am analyzing the pp's and will post up a bunch of ideas to be considered tonight. Remember, the great thing about the Breeder's Cup is you don't need to bet a lot to win a lot - if you are going to dip into the exotic pools. gl.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:51 PM

I want exotics, exotics, exotics and I want to win, win, win! I'm more excited about this than I have been for a sporting event in quite awhile. I am going to drink myself sick and hopefully take down a big trifecta to combat the ball-crushing of the Borgata two weeks ago!

I can't wait until you people who know more about the ponies than me post your picks! Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM

70% rain.
Make sure you use Hard Spun in exotics, Monmouth favors front-runners and today NONE of the horses ever came off the lead to win in the mud. HS has won on sloppy tracks before as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
70% rain.
Make sure you use Hard Spun in exotics, Monmouth favors front-runners and today NONE of the horses ever came off the lead to win in the mud. HS has won on sloppy tracks before as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. Especially if HS is at all patient and can sit off LR the first half of the race.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 AM

Just to get you started, the Juvenile races have always been a good place to go after price horses. Many of the touted favorites have not really been tested yet and so offer poor value. That said:

Race 4) Juvenile Fillies

3 - Tasha's Miracle 10-1
David Flores has been a really hot rider of late
This horse has solid gate speed and good post to use it
Had a tough trip first time routing last out
Others look better, she may be overlooked at the windows

Race 5) Juvenile

4 - Slew's Tiznow 15-1
Good gate speed
Should get position on the hip of War Pass
Caught up 4-wide in a slow pace at Keeneland last out
Julien Leparoux sticks
Last workout was impressive
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 AM

George Washington is a sick sick horse but i would think that being from Ireland and seeing him run previously. 20/1 odds for him are brilliant and they wouldn't be bringing him over if they didn't think he had a chance, but i'm no expert. He has had a few injuries though and i think and he hasn't performed at his best in a few races, but if he runs well he will go very very close. IMO value for money maybe an each way bet is best. Was 6th in breeders cup last year didn't run at his best i think. Has also won some of the major races over here obv

I have no clue about American Horse Racing but Dylan Thomas is a lock in the turf race thats all i know IF he performs, maybe 7/5 are the odds i seen i'm not sure. He's won the Irish derby, Arc de triomphe (biggest race in Europe), Irish champion stakes, came close in Epsom derby got a bad race and won the King George VI and Elizabeth stakes, he has a rating of 127 with the closest contender being at 117. Hasn't run in America yet i don't think so you never know and i hear the horse called English channel knows the course well so maybe that will be the forecast (1&2) in that race. He's considered as one of the great horses over here anyways and horse racing is very strong here in Ireland & UK. Probably would have been considered the best had he won the Epsom derby

My bets are: George Washington E/W & Dylan Thomas FTW

But as i say i know nothing about any of yer horses so don't listen to me lol just saying what i know about the Irish interest in the race