Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: what\'s your excuse for being single?

[ QUOTE ]
amp's real excuse:

so I can sleep with my daughter's friends

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not an excuse, that's a brag
Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
amp's real excuse:

so I can sleep with my daughter's friends

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not an excuse, that's a brag

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't do it himself, so I did it for him.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had this discussion w/ my dad. It was unusual, we arent the type to talk about much other than business, cars, sports etc, but he asked if "I was seeing anyone", and I was pretty honest with him in my answer, I just told him that Im more focused on making money now, and dont feel like settling down. than he asked, who the girl was that my uncle saw leaving my apartment the other morning, and I asked him which morning was it, and he just laughed. Im pretty sure he was just making sure Im not gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I recently had a similar conversation with my parents. I've always been the type of guy with a girlfriend. Throughout college, I had 3 or 4 serious girlfriends, but have been single for the last 8 months or so. My mom and dad were talking to me, and asking why I wasn't dating anyone seriously. I guess there are a few reasons.

First, going out with your friends is typically much more fun when you are single. I've always been relatively outgoing and flirty with girls, and the possibility of getting random ass any night of the week is more exciting than coming home to the same girlfriend day in and day out. When my ex and I broke up 8 months ago, I got a crazy amount of trim and didn't think twice about it.

Although having fun with random sloots at the bar is fun, that doesn't mean I wouldn't settle down if I found the right girl. That brings me to the other reason I'm single -- I just haven't found the right chick down here in NYC yet. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong crowd, but I haven't met a girl that I could see myself dating really seriously yet. For example, take the last four girls I've hooked up with:
1. Crazy whore
2. Ex-gf's best friend
3. Has a boyfriend (they were in a fight...LOL)
4. Hottest girl I've ever hooked up with, but also the dumbest

So yeah, I'm in no rush at this point. Just being patient and enjoying the ride.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had this discussion w/ my dad. It was unusual, we arent the type to talk about much other than business, cars, sports etc, but he asked if "I was seeing anyone", and I was pretty honest with him in my answer, I just told him that Im more focused on making money now, and dont feel like settling down. than he asked, who the girl was that my uncle saw leaving my apartment the other morning, and I asked him which morning was it, and he just laughed. Im pretty sure he was just making sure Im not gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Cool dad
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Cool dad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, my dad is awesome. Im 25, and here is a suggestion from experience to you younger guys.....most of us are pretty much the same as our parents, as much as you dont think so. Get to know your family on a more social level, you will get to hear all the stories about your parents when they were younger, and it makes you realize that its us kids that made them dorks and responsible, and that they used to be just as crazy and party just as hard, if not harder when they were kids.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool dad

[/ QUOTE ]

he's italian, so it totally makes sense.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 PM

My dick is so big it frightens small children, since women like children, im single
Old 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM

because im so adamant to all my guy friends that tan and skinny girls are the only type for me...and the last few girls that were digging me were not skinny enough...and i'd hate to take flack from my friends.

but also, i value my freedom and personal space and the vast majority of girls (especially when u factor in my standards listed above) arent worth the time or effort.

its sad but im so judgemental that within 1 minute i will rule out about 90% of women. i guess im a dick.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Too busy with my career, golf game, and tennis :P I don't think I could stand to have someone take any of those things away from me.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM

i was in a long term long distance relationship during the end of high school and almost all of college so i have no idea how to date or interact with others [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i also feel that because of this i have focused solely on work and havent done too much that is really interesting lately...but im trying to improve...