Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 05:21 AM

Default NL25 AA facing rr on the flop

maybe this is very standard, but what is the correct play here when you dont have any good reads? i really think this is very often a set, should i raise more preflop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

BB ($20.60)
UTG ($6.45)
UTG+1 ($25.10)
MP1 ($5.55)
MP2 ($25.25)
MP3 ($29.25)
CO ($24.65)
Button ($11.10)
Hero ($37.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, 1 fold, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) , , (2 players)
Hero bets $1.75, MP2 raises to $4, Hero ?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: NL25 AA facing rr on the flop

Raise 4xbb +1 per limper pre-flop, so you should of made it $1.75.

You'll see flush draws here enough too make getting it all in here profitbal, also the fact we have A:clubs: makes it better.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 AM

I'm not particularly formulaic about my pre-flop raises. The goal with AA is to get as much money in pre-flop as the market will bear. Err on the high side. You'll get more action than you would expect. I would make it $2 to go here, but you could make it $2.50 and get callers. I like $ because it's easy to type. Big pairs love big pre-flop pots. Loose games love to try to call to pick off big bets. The odds are on your side that you'll win this more than they do. So, your job pre-flop is to wing chips out there and punish the guys who limp call with off suit 2-gappers.

On the flop, bet the full pot. You have a pot building hand, build it. When the villain min-raises, he has JTo or some such trash as often as he has you beat. I'd call this and check/raise the turn. You're ahead enough to be all in here. Expect to have to reload once in a while.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:40 AM

The PF raise is perhabs a shade too low, but it did the job, and got heads up. Flat call the flop raise, you can't fold obviously,and see what villain does on the turn.No logic in overcommitting before you get more information.
Check the turn, if villain makes a big bet, you have a tough decision, and can expect to see a set fairly often. To a smaller bet, it's probably best to check it down.
I would c/r if the turn came a club.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM

A set is just one possibility. This could be TP too or possibly a draw, though I think the latter is less of a possibility at this level.

I personally wouldn't be adversed to playing for stacks in this situation. The question is do we push the action now, or on the turn?

I think since we are OOP and draws are possible, perhaps he has QJc or something similiar, I think I might raise to 14 and call a push or push turn if he calls the raise.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:54 AM

Too bad you don't have any stats on villain. Would help a lot i.m.o. Against a 9/6 it would be an easy fold now, since he indeed has the set 9 out of 10 times here. Against a 30/15 however it would be an easy call, since your ahead most of the time and can expect a J* a lot of the time.

With no reads I'd call and check/push the turn.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:16 PM

bet more on the flop, as played rr, call a shove or shove the turn.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 AM

I call flop and bet out on turn.