Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: do your friends do this

This is one of my pet peeves. It is so damn rude to do [censored] like this. I'll turn down the radio for a few minutes but after that it is going back to the original volume which is usually fairly loud.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm failing to see why this is particularly irritating.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't understand the romantic implications.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of world do you live in where it is acceptable for women to sit in the front seat? Next you will be saying that they even drive.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is disturbingly standard in some circles. Years ago I got into a bit of a dust-up with a chick who helped herself to the front seat even though I was 6+ inches taller than her and there was far less room in the back. She acted indignant and started carrying on about chivalry. Argh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a b*tch and a bit amazing when someone who isn't a lady asks to be treated like one. "Advantage play" like this lets you know when someone is a real turd.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed at how rude seemingly normal people can be with cellphones. One time I was walking home from work with a co-worker (we live near each other) and mid-conversation (I was literally in the middle of a sentence) he answers his cell phone without saying a word - no "sorry, I have to take this" or even "hold on". For a guy that seemed pretty non-douchey in general, I was shocked.

I think that any time two people are together (in a car, talking, eating together) it's rude to take a call without at least acknowledging the other person first, and it's rude to stay on the phone any longer than absolutely necessary. In a car, it's always rude to a take an unnecessary call, because inevitably the whole car will go silent while everyone listens to half of an inane conversation.

I'm with Phil on the "leave the room" policy - if I take a cell call, I always do whatever I can to distance myself from the people I'm around before answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There a bunch of needs girly men on this board. If one of my friends needs to talk on the phone, or has the inclination to have a convo Im not involved in, even if we are riding in the same car, I dont give a [censored] and continue masturbating.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is definitely rude. Taking a quick call is reasonable, but taking any call longer than like 30 seconds when you're in any one on one social situation is flat out rude.

Also... I don't really think OOT is really the best place to learn about polite behavior. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very QFT.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oddjob - you are not being a nit, talking on the phone like that in the car is totally rude. If you were out to dinner with someone and they talked on the phone for multiple minutes = also rude. I mean you can make a quick call to deal with something but don't just sit there and chat away for minutes.

Also Re: driving - if I'm driving on a trip I fully expect the passenger to help me stay away and make conversation. Long phone calls, sleeping, headphones are all super rude. Obv. if you're like taking turns sleeping or whatever that's cool. I'm not your f**king chauffeur. Also you should offer to pay the gas 100% if I'm providing the car, splitting is at least something but it should be 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of 100%, but 50/50 is standard and the least you need to do not to be a douchebag.

When I stay in someone's place for a day or two, even if I wind up treating them to stuff or buying more and better groceries than I eat, I do always try to get at least a little something extra as a kind of gracious thanks for putting up with me. I suppose this could apply to things like benefiting from a guy wearing out his car while you pay only for half the gas, too.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 AM

i started a thread about this wrt dining with a person and i think results were less angry. it was like 8 months ago and i am too tired/drunk to search for/link it, but OOT has become more hostile to cell phones since then
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have to turn the music down then I'm definitely irritated by it, but I'll live.

What really gets me, though, is when the person who's making the phone call turns down my music without asking. Terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Is it a dick move if I buy a phone jammer and just keep it with me all the time so I don't have to listen to anybody's stupid [censored] ringtone ever again?