Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Rate R Varkoni

Does Robert Varkoki get a better poker rating in anyone's mind, now that he's made the money in two WSOP main events?

His skills were so reviled when he won, I just wondered if anyone changed their mind now.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Rate R Varkoni

[ QUOTE ]
Does Robert Varkoki get a better poker rating in anyone's mind, now that he's made the money in two WSOP main events?

His skills were so reviled when he won, I just wondered if anyone changed their mind now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making the money in the Main Event isn't all that impressive. After all, Shirley Williams did it and she thinks JTs are overcards to QQ. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He hired a coach after he won and now plays a pretty solid/tight basic game. It's no surprise that he now does okay in tournaments but has a very tiny chance of winning.

The year he won he played godawful.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] RainKhan, nothing he does is disrespectful at all. Hachem, Matusow, Helmuth, etc. all so much worse. He's trying to fire himself up, I'm sure he did that same [censored] sitting at his computer playing 900 SnG's.

Also, if it wasn't for luck, Kenny Tran would win every time.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM

i'm not the only one that laughed at the hold'em or fold'em that featured david williams seeing how much fried chicken he could fit in his mouth...right? right?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:54 AM

I gotta admit that I like this Rainkhan guy.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Khan is such a douche.....I thought he would be bad after winning a hand, but I had no idea he was just a nerdy douche the entire time...that monkey dance needs a quick death....he looks stupid and by the reactions of his tablemates, not one person thought he was anything other than a jerk off computer geek.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making the money in the Main Event isn't all that impressive. After all, Shirley Williams did it and she thinks JTs are overcards to QQ. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shirley Williams seems like a clueless moron. I get tilted just watching her attempt to play.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN Thread (9/11 - Day 3)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No mentions of dentists please. Reminds me of Cory Zeidman's ungodly story about why he slow rolled Jen Harman during the final table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was on like day 1

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have phrased that better. I meant Zeidman's story during the Final Table broadcast, not when the actual event took place. For those who didn't watch the Main Event Final Table PPV, Cory Zeidman was in the booth and asked about the hand against Jen Harman. He told his ridiculous, 10 minute rambling story involving crumbs on the chair in the dentist office. It was beyond painful to listen to. If they sent Cory Zeidman to Guantanamo Bay, listening to him would officially qualify as torture.

[/ QUOTE ]

The godawfulness of that story, and subsequent ripping of it by Gordon and whatshisname were the most memorable thing about the ME FT broadcast for me.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN Thread (9/11 - Day 3)

Did Khan really go over to the guy who had AA that he beat with his QQ and ask him if he played his hand ok? Seriously? This guy gives you a perfect opportunity to avoid the cold deck, you dont take it, then suck out on him and ask him how you played it???? You suck and I hate you!