Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM

Default NL25: made trips but what does villain have?

Villain had only been at the table for one orbit, seemed loose and splashy preflop.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $34.15
UTG+1: $30.25
MP1: $22.75
MP2: $24.00
CO: $22.80
hero: $28.35
SB: $22.60
BB: $65.80

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.15, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.15, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, hero?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: NL25: made trips but what does villain have?

If he has been loose and splashy then I push the few remaining chips you have. You might run into 33 or a better K, but I still think you just push in the rest of your few chips remaining here. I think you run into AX diamonds and AXo enough here to call.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 AM

I'd fold pre-flop. I dont think K6o is a good stealing hand against someone who seems loose preflop and is likely to call.

As played, i'd fold. If he has only been at the table one orbit he must be running very hot! It looks like he is eithr bluffing or has a K, if he has a K your probaly outkicked. But then again the fact you raised from the button too steal means you have a very wide range and are unlikely too have a K and his big overbet looks strange - if i am Villan and i have trips here i dont raise that much as i want you too call me.

lol, i am leaning towards a call now..
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 AM

Definitely fold preflop. You're much better off stealing with a hand like 56s than K6o. I think you're behind most of the time, but I don't know if I could fold it at .10/.25. I think a fold is correct, but would I? Probably not.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 AM

I don't like the steal either, blinds are not worth winning anyway.

His raise is so large, it seems that he wants you to fold. It's not a semi bluff flush draw though, as the board just paired (unless he's suicidal).
What does he have? A pocket pair,AX, or less likely KQ/KJ etc. The only PP you hate is 33 (AA probably raises PF), and the only ace AK. As AK likely reraises PF also, especially from a loose player would like to be seen to protect his blind. I'd shove here on the basis that the case king seems unlikely, and at worst,if you are outkicked to a better trips, you have at least 6 outs to draw v KQ (aces and 3s), and 3 to win (6s. To a hand like K9, any card over a 9 splits as well.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 AM

This is Baluga is it not?

That means that you are more likely beat than not since your kicker is rather small assuming he has trips at a minimum. Even if he happens to have K4 or something, there is still a good chance that you would wind up winning only 1/2 the pot if the river is 7+.

I think I can let this go.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 AM

The steal would be marginal against a weak-tight player. You said he is loose so this hand loses all of its value on the button. I think you would actually be better of limping it then raising it. Of course, folding is even better.

As far as postflop, it is hard. He could be pulling this with an A. I think you need to decide whether or not you think you would like to get AI before you make that turn bet. If so, bet and when he reraises you then you can push or push the river. His bet size is a big overbet but I often find players like to do this with stupid any pair on a paired board. I think you are good to get AI but don't be surprised if he shows up with a better kicker.