View Poll Results: D
Ravens @ NO 3 30.00%
Giants @ TB 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

like pokerboy said,
Scotty- I would also like to vote for 'option B',by far

But I would much rather have the bonus and scrap the freeroll. Plus I think it would be more appealing to new players coming into the VIP program. Players love bonuses, and the guarantee of a bonus every month (I miss the days when all the sites had these) would likely be a huge selling point.

I wonder if we could suck up to Scotty enough to get a bonus value of $85 a month instead of the $70 he is proposing. This would give us all >$1000 a year which is pretty sweet IMO.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they chose the Saturdays in an effort to try to get the MOST players to be available.

We are going across different time-zones afterall.
2pm EST is going to be 8 or 9pm for many of their European players. And they figure 11am in the Pacific time-zone isn't really THAT bad.

This is the best compromise they could come up with to make it accessible to the MOST players.
Screw Asia and Australia evidently. At least it should work decently for most of the people in the U.S. and Europe. That seems to be the logic they are going with.

If they truly wanted to hold it at a time when players wouldn't be on anyway and use that to attract them to play more then they could just choose Tuesday at 3am Eastern and say that's the best they could do.

If there was some universal time like Wednesday evening at 7pm and every single Supernova said, "Yeah, that time-slot is perfect for me. Do it then because I'm always playing at that time anyway" then I'm positive they would do exactly that.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 PM

i usually cash in the 50k for ~$100 so i like the current system. seems like i'm the only one. i like the chance of winning $10k for free. free monies rules!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 PM

for europe it is like 9pm on saturday its the worst possible ,we cannot have a free saturday evening?
99killed is any difference to play a multi any time you prefer?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Stars is giving out money, they do not have to be fair. If you push, they can just take it away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was Scotty who asked what supernovas wanted and he gave us 3 options to choose from. From what I hear apparently these freerolls have been a major issue of contention but that was before I was on the site.

The interesting part of this poll is that option B is unquestionably the most equitable choice yet people who support keeping the freerolls are motivated by self-interest rather then fairness which is kind of the expected behaviour.

[ QUOTE ]
I theory on the freeroll system is that it costs Stars very little to run.

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs them ~$2.1-2.2M. Given more then 50% of Supernovas get zero value out of this expendature I'm pretty sure they can get better value for the same expendature.

[ QUOTE ]
They picked Saturday morning (pacific time) for a reason. They probably bring in enough players whom would not normally play at this time (Evening in Europe, Afternoon in the Eastern time zone) that the rake generated from the increased players pays for the majority of the cost of the Freeroll. If stars did not have an event to drive more traffic to their cash and sng tables, then they would have to absorb all of the cost of the promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Stars has slated about $70 per month for the promotion. It has nothing to do with increasing rake at a given time. The time was selected because it is the best time for the most players.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Some sort of reward for achieving monthly (or even weekly) VPP goals would be great. Both for players that have no chance of making Supernova (something like 100 FPP for a $20 bonus at 1k VPPs every month) and those that need some extra motivation for playing a little extra in a month(1000 FPP for $200 bonus at 20k VPPs).

If not monthly then at least more regular promotions like double VPP or milestone hands or things of that nature would be awesome. After taking several months off poker or at other sites the only reason I started playing almost entirely at Stars (and I'll soon be a Supernova which means Stars has made a decent amount of money off me) was because of the double VPP promotion.

Little promotions can make some players pay a lot more rake than they normally would and are very effective. I'm not sure why PokerStars doesn't have more of them.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 AM

ok.....here we go again....why does this always comes up?

scotty, don't you have a good enough project management team that can take smart decisions on such matters?...maybe you would like to offer me a job then?!...

asking around to get oppinions is definetely a must but we ve been over this many times i think....

finally(my oppinion): keep the players who are currently playing the freerolls happy by not taking away more than half of the free money you are allready giving them (i am allready gutted that a few months ago there used to be just over 400 players in these fr and now over 1k for the same pool(mentioning that i asked you previously whether there would be any changes to sn benefits after the uigea(etc), and you responded that the only change might be the fr pool in order to reflect a smaller number of sn, "does it reflect a significantly larger number of sn now?!")), hence either keep the freeroll and definetely up the pool (you have 2.2k sn now?!it was less than 1.5k a couple of months ago) or give us a bonus that will reflect "at least" the value we are getting by playing this at present (a mere $50/week). I know you said less than 1/3 of sn play the fr but the rest of them have the option to do so as well, if you want to give the rest of the bunch something for their troubles don't take away from us what we have allready been given.

not mentioning that the chance of a sn(experience) cashing in on these fr is significantly higher than a silver qualifier, so there is some extra value for you...

personally, felt like i was getting around $120/week back in May and now you want to give me less than $20?!...think it over....get back...

and please change the title of this topic
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 AM

This is the same argument that all the Freeroll players give. I get more value with Freerolls because I take advantage of the fact that 2/3s of the individuals the promotion is intended to reward don't benefit from it so I get their share as well.

The $70-80/month is not a loss of value. It is an even distribution of the same value to all supernovas.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 AM

hey henry...plaese remove your head from ur a$$...(i ll add something for you though)scotty mentioned previsouly that the fr was initially scheduled to accomodate 1k players...its over that at present so the reward has to be at least the present value...you can go back and read another thread(official supernova elite thread) to get some more facts but please stop replying to this thread as you have made too may posts allready that do not contribute to anything else rather than the fact that you are....(i ll let you figure that out)...
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 AM

Actually that has nothing to do with the point I made. Based on your sentence structure I get the impression English is not your first language so I'll explain it again.

If all supernovas played in the freerolls the value would be $70 per supernova. The extra value that people claim to get is due to more then half the supernovas not playing in the tournaments.

The freerolls are the only communal benefit and should be eliminated. That is why they apparently have caused so much contention. The same funds would be much better spent on a individual benefit such as an added milestone / a bonus / etc.