Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Default An interview request I got today

I don't do poker interviews on the radio, but I thought I'd share the request.

-----------------------------

My name is Dan Cypra, Media Relations Director for PokerSourceOnline.com, one of the largest online poker affiliates in the world. PSO acts as the middleman between online poker players and poker rooms. The site has over 100,000 registered members and was the first site to offer incentives for poker players to sign up for online poker rooms, which included chip sets, poker tables, and Amazon.com gift cards.

With the new session of Congress this fall, eyes will turn towards the discussion of internet gambling. The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act calls for banks to halt transactions to offshore gambling sites. It set into motion a wave of arrests and industry turmoil after it was passed last fall.

Congress will now have four major online gambling bills to examine. They include the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act, proposed by Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA). The bill calls for a framework for the United States to license offshore online gambling companies to do business within its borders. In addition, the Skill Game Protection Act, proposed by Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL), would provide an exemption from all existing legislation for poker, bridge, and other games of skill. Also, the Interactive Media Entertainment & Gaming Association has filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Government declaring the UIGEA unconstitutional. A hearing took place three weeks ago and a ruling on whether the case will be heard is expected within the next few days.

I am writing to request that Jay Lakin, Co-Owner and Vice President of PokerSourceOnline.com, come on your show to talk about the internet gambling bills currently proposed in Congress. An on-air radio personality since the early 1980's, culminating in a ten-year run with ABC Radio in Washington
D.C. , Jay left broadcasting in 2004 to concentrate solely on his internet business. Now based in Costa Rica , where the operation employs over thirty programmers, developers, and designers, Jay spends most of his time traveling the globe, meeting with the major online poker rooms, establishing relationships, cementing deals, and expanding the brand.

His insight into this hot button issue is unmatched. Millions of Americans gamble online each year and these pieces of legislation will have far-reaching effects. Demand for knowledge of the issue is at an all-time high. I can provide you with the best expert available to discuss and debate.

I look forward to hearing from you,

- Dan

Dan Cypra

Media Relations Director

PokerSourceOnline.com