Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Absolute scandal....give me the coles notes version please!

I am sure this topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards so i am sorry to bring it up. But i have been away from poker and these forums for a while, and i dont want to dig through tons of archives and lengthy threads.

In a nutshell, what happened? I was just about to open a new account with them after seeing their ads, but i want to know about this first so i can make my own judgement call.

As far as i can tell, sounds like people think (or know) AP had house players who played and could see others holecards or something?

If that is basically it in a nutshell let me know.

And if so,
why on earth would the people operating a big successful poker site bastardize their own operation like that...makes no sense, because it would come out eventually?

What evidence gives these allegations credit?

And if true, how would one know whether its the site operators, or maybe just a rogue support person or programmer within the organization that orchestrated this?

Sorry, but i would just like to get up to speed quickly.

Either way, one party has been seriously wronged here. Either the customers for getting ripped off, or the people operating the site who are getting slandered by those making the accusations.

I am completely unbiased one way or another and am trying to be objective.