Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
His piece was very interesting IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think a huge amount of what that guy says about the entire black community is nuts on. They need more leaders like him.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 PM

Agree, good article. Pretty similar stuff said here http://www.nfl.com/videos by Deion Sanders and Jamie Duke.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Whitlock recycles this piece over and over again whenever something like this happens. I don't disagree with his angle, but the issue is much more complicated than pretending it is all the black man's fault.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 AM

Another thing that bugged me tonight from the sports media was Inside The NFL continually playing the 'Sean Taylor was a super shady guy' angle. After the whole this was a real tragedy phase wears off I'm afraid he's really going to get thrown under the bus.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:19 AM

The only thing in the media that I have seen that is really bad is the ESPN bit that says his hit on Brian Mooreman tarnished the luster on his Probowl last year.

WTF. If Sean Taylor doesn't hit him its a first down, no in their right mind would bring that up as anything but positive.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing in the media that I have seen that is really bad is the ESPN bit that says his hit on Brian Mooreman tarnished the luster on his Probowl last year.

WTF. If Sean Taylor doesn't hit him its a first down, no in their right mind would bring that up as anything but positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mooreman run up to taylor and pat him on the back after the hit too? I mean, wtf? I thought football was a "man's game" and that was a completely clean hit
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rome's "your lifestyle determines your deathstyle" line was enough to make even Dids cringe.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rome's "your lifestyle determines your deathstyle" line was enough to make even Dids cringe.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Rome and Whitlock (who's bit here is predictable and tired) are idiots here. While I think people were probably a bit much in their praise of Taylor's character early on, trying to put any of the blame on him for this on him at this point is just stupid and insulting. From all reports it seems like Taylor might have been a guy who did some assholish things, but he's not gangbanger.

Seems like a part of this is just people generalizing Miami players. Which while unfair, is almost understandable given the image that the players in that program cultivated.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His piece was very interesting IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think a huge amount of what that guy says about the entire black community is nuts on. They need more leaders like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found Whitlock to be infinitely more insightful since he stopped writing for ESPN.

-McGee