Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Name some people that have 10%+ roi in the 60's that 8 table with sample sizes over 3k? Hmmm but people with 10% roi at the 60's will move to the 114's? 10% roi at the 60's would be 5.5 per game. Not alot of people make 5.50 per sng. I wonder how much does money does big joe make per sng?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 PM

The $60s seem to be self-regulating at about 10-12% ROI the best a really good player (who doesn't move up or to cash for some reason) can expect over time. I think this may happen eventually to every level of poker when the amount of work required to get really good balances out with the reward. Except for nosebleeds which also require rare talent.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $60s seem to be self-regulating at about 10-12% ROI the best a really good player (who doesn't move up or to cash for some reason) can expect over time. I think this may happen eventually to every level of poker when the amount of work required to get really good balances out with the reward. Except for nosebleeds which also require rare talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put.
Suzz i thought u went from sngs -> limit, but now ur primarily playing no limit cash right? what lvl did u start at?

no limit > limit ? fk i cant stand winning the blinds with aces in those cash games
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 PM

fk i just lost to the worst player ever in the HU but at least i dont have to spend all night and tomorrow morning winning it now.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Well if you go to sharkscope leaderboard for avg. profit last 500 games ($36-$100) there's 10 people over $10 and one at $16. But then you switch it to total profit last 12 months ($36-$100) and only #1 and #2 have an amount that you could live off of (if you can live like a poor college student). Then you drop it down to $6-$15 total profit last 12 months and spacegravy and the venetian both have made more than everyone on the $36-$100 list except the #1 guy.

Edit - should clarify that's turbos. $36-$100 without the turbo has a bunch more people over $30,000.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put.
Suzz i thought u went from sngs -> limit, but now ur primarily playing no limit cash right? what lvl did u start at?

no limit > limit ? fk i cant stand winning the blinds with aces in those cash games

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. I went from sngs + job -> busto -> sngs + no job -> busto -> sngs + mtt wins -> robusto -> drunken 5000nl -> busto -> sngs + run like god -> semi-robusto -> sngs + UIGEA + pissing off god apparently -> busto -> get a job + sngs + mtts -> robusto.

Time for some more 25/50nl looks like.

Never played limit, learning cash on the side now, still playing SNGs on the weekend.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM

Theres no point in looking at the sharkscope leaderboard for avg profit for last 500 games. They are people who are running hot or are playing very few tables. People are making chump change compared to cash for the $36-$100 for total profit for last 12 months.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no point in looking at the sharkscope leaderboard for avg profit for last 500 games. They are people who are running hot or are playing very few tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was kind of my point. There are people who have made $10+ per SnG for 500 games yet no one on the list has made $40K in a years time. Obviously $10 or $16 per SnG is running sickly hot but the 12 months stat shows that no one is really making a living at those levels - or they all move up instead.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM

wtf suzzer? are you a tilt monkey? I know you're a good player... thats a sick cycle man.

Great point Bradley. if you played a zillion sngs a day you could live off of FPPS though lol. I guess u just have to supplement your sng income with cash and mtt, which also helps with burnout. I wish I had read this site pre-UIGEA :-(
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM

Suzzer how come you didn't drop down when you droped like 2k? For me I usally drop down if I lose like 1k but I play $24's to 36's. If I start losing even more I would actually drop down again till I start winning alittle then move back up.
Closed Thread