Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-30-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Atari Bigby reminds me of Ahmad Carrol

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that earlier in the thread. He's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
First year he's started, guys. He's had a few bad games, but he's had some pretty good games and is usually a good hitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he has not had any good games. I've watched every one. I told my friend I was watching with at the beginning of the game that Bigby is one of the worst players I've ever seen and he didn't disappoint.

Aside from a couple questionable calls, the bottom line of this game was the health of the Packers defense. I didn't think missing Woodson would mean so much, but it did. Not having KGB, Jolly, and Cole on the DL hurt a lot, too, as they were never able to pressure Romo at all.

The offense got going after a half of terrible blocking by the OL and bizarre play calling in the first quarter and a half (yeah, let's go long every other play). Granted, Favre made a couple throws that he should not have made, but he was on his ass every play, too.

I expected the Packers to lose (I did tell my wife before the game that they'd have to put up 40 points to win), but I didn't expect such an odd game. The Cowboys dominated, yet the Packers somehow hung around. Very weird. Hopefully, Favre will be ok and the defense can get healthy. It should be a much better game if these two teams meet in the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody as impressed with Rogers as I am?

Kid is good. If the Packers have any hopes of advancing in the playoffs they need to tell the old man that his time has come to give it up - now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Levelometer must need adjusting. I can't tell if you are joking or if this is the only Packers game you've seen this year.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Kid is good. If the Packers have any hopes of advancing in the playoffs they need to tell the old man that his time has come to give it up - now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping Favre would retire at the beginning of this year and give Rodgers a chance to play but I was terribly wrong. Favre has been playing ridiculously well this year and I don't think one game will change that. Rodgers is looking good for the future or as a backup, but Favre should still be starting.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Levelometer must need adjusting. I can't tell if you are joking or if this is the only Packers game you've seen this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

This guy has a very good arm, seems to have a high IQ for a rookie because 99.9% of them either throw an interception or eff up somehow in a game like this, and he hit everyone in stride. He only got sacked because he's not quite familiar with the routes yet.

Put him in now and he is better than Favre by the playoffs. Favre WILL choke in Dallas again, he's had a history of being a bad away gamer.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Ok.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

This guy has a very good arm, seems to have a high IQ for a rookie because 99.9% of them either throw an interception or eff up somehow in a game like this, and he hit everyone in stride. He only got sacked because he's not quite familiar with the routes yet.

Put him in now and he is better than Favre by the playoffs. Favre WILL choke in Dallas again, he's had a history of being a bad away gamer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I love the fact that the average sports fan has the memory of a goldfish.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I love the fact that the average sports fan has the memory of a goldfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peyton Manning should have obviously been demoted after his playoff losses and then cut after his recent 6 INT game, AMIRITE?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has Dallas finally realized that Barber should be getting 2/3rds the carries?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Remember when it was 4th and 1 or 2 early in the game and they gave the ball to Jones?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a slow process, they just need it in place by the playoffs
Old 11-30-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm impressed that he played fairly well, made good decisions, didn't cough up the ball and showed some good mobility, but you're [censored] nuts if you think Rodgers would be better in the playoffs than Favre. Every time the Packers lose, people like you start beating the drum about how old and washed up he is and yet he's having a better season so far than Peyton Manning.

Don't take this too personally. It's just that I hear this kind of stuff from people on the radio after every loss and it's pretty aggravating when they only come out of the woodwork after a loss.

So yeah, Rodgers had a decent game and made it competitive and I'm hopeful about our prospects when he gets his chance, but he ain't Brett Favre. Yet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 AM

Default ~

So my friend finally found a really nice stream, but the commentary was in Danish. Oh well.

GO COWBOYS BABY