Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 AM

Default online bankroll

I sent $100 to pokerstarsand have around 180 from playing sit and goes. But i find them very boring. What ring games would you reccomend for my bankroll in Limit Omaha hi-lo or NL holdem? or is this not enough and should stick to small tournaments and sit and goes

thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: online bankroll

.02/.05 micros. Or if you feel comfortable, then .05/.1.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:17 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

For NLHE, I would go for .05/.10, and for limit O8, probably .5/1.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 AM

I would suggest playing 5nl with $10 buyins on poker stars. It's pretty easy money down there and you should be on your way to $200 in no time.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM

I suggest having 25 buyins on your respective limit. If you fall to only 15 buyins of your respective limit, move back down again until you reach that 25 buyin mark by playing a lower stake.

Just my .02
Old 09-26-2007, 12:00 PM

You should have a bankroll of $200 to fully buy into a $10 game? Many people think welll we can go a little lower on the BR because of all the bad players. They think everyone in the game (execpt themselves) are donkeys, which is true for the most part, however there are some exceptions.

As with all games the answer is it just depends. There are some Very highly skilled players even at the $5 and $10 games. One of the hardest things to determine when you are first starting out is what constitutes a good ring game. You want to have a couple bad players--at least one preferably more. Concentrate on those bad players as this is who you will make your money from.

On the other hand there are, on occasion, very skilled players who drop down to the microlimits. I've seen regulars at $5-$10 NLHE playing at $0.01-$0.02 NLHE games. Typically, when they do this they are steaming. When they play there normal game they might have a VP$IP of 23% but when they drop down o these levels they VP$IP 80%--but this does not mean they are the same level player(weak spot) as the guy who VP$IP's 70% and calls an all in river bet with three diamonds on the board with mid-pair.

They point is you can't just look a t a guy and say well. . . he played 7-2 suited he must be a donkey. To me, the most important thing is how they bet thier hands. NLHE is a game with a lot of implied odds and those who can determine them well can play a lot mor hands than those that don't.

This is not to say that you can't play $10 games with ten buy ins, but you have to be sure, if you are going to play, it is a good game. If you have determined that it is a good game, and you are exceptionally well at finding good games you might even want to try a $25 game--BUT THE CONDITIIONS HAVE TO BE PERFECT.

When you srart out playing sit n' goes you don't have a way to really find the good games. You just try to get in before it fills up(at least at the samll games) In cash games you have to take the time to chose a game and see who's making what mistakes--no matter how small the stakes. In many ways this is more important than bankroll.