Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Ask darom03 about being a sucessful telemarketer

[ QUOTE ]
ever been pranked ala Tom Mabe?
link: http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and my co-worker, a good buddy of mine, used to prank people all the time. We would write some crazy word, and the other guy had to incorporate it in his speech on the fly.

Once I actually convinced an owner of a cafeteria to check for "meat-flies" in the plants. We laughed our asses off as he walked around the diner checking for special african "meat-flies"

We were not nice persons, no.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:33 PM

lol at making an ask me thread about this.

I worked at a little startup in a rundown office selling ads on high school sports posters. The whole thing felt like straight out of boiler room. My boss told every pretty much every new employee to watch that movie too...
We had no affiliation with any of these schools, and as long as we didnt say we were with the schools this was somehow legal. He would find HS football/basketball/baseball schedules on the internet and print them off on a 17x11 poster, to which we sold ads on just like HS booster clubs do. We charged $100-$800 depending on the size of the ad on these things and we claimed to send out "up to 2000 posters to the community". Idk if we actually sent all these out or who actually got them. I was always told to just say grocery stores, restaurants, ect...

As for the actual selling part. WOW that [censored] was a rush sometimes... I walked in the first day with a headset and the yellowpages on my desk and was told to sell to whoever I could get on the phone basically. I had $700 sold(at 33%comm) by lunch and felt like I just did $700 worth of blow. I got myself a bunch of sales books and listened to my boss on the phone, brought in my own computer to use... I was grinding out 200 cold calls/day out of the phonebook/ internet yellowpages for a few months. It just felt like another sales job at first, but i got tired of scamming people and as time went on I was realizing show shady the whole thing was and left even though the money was pretty good for a 19 yr old.

This makes poker feel like charity work compared to what a lot of telemarketers out there are doing. THAT is a hard way to make an easy living in my eyes.

i'm gonna go watch BR now.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at making an ask me thread about this.

I worked at a little startup in a rundown office selling ads on high school sports posters. The whole thing felt like straight out of boiler room. My boss told every pretty much every new employee to watch that movie too...
We had no affiliation with any of these schools, and as long as we didnt say we were with the schools this was somehow legal. He would find HS football/basketball/baseball schedules on the internet and print them off on a 17x11 poster, to which we sold ads on just like HS booster clubs do. We charged $100-$800 depending on the size of the ad on these things and we claimed to send out "up to 2000 posters to the community". Idk if we actually sent all these out or who actually got them. I was always told to just say grocery stores, restaurants, ect...

As for the actual selling part. WOW that [censored] was a rush sometimes... I walked in the first day with a headset and the yellowpages on my desk and was told to sell to whoever I could get on the phone basically. I had $700 sold(at 33%comm) by lunch and felt like I just did $700 worth of blow. I got myself a bunch of sales books and listened to my boss on the phone, brought in my own computer to use... I was grinding out 200 cold calls/day out of the phonebook/ internet yellowpages for a few months. It just felt like another sales job at first, but i got tired of scamming people and as time went on I was realizing show shady the whole thing was and left even though the money was pretty good for a 19 yr old.

This makes poker feel like charity work compared to what a lot of telemarketers out there are doing. THAT is a hard way to make an easy living in my eyes.

i'm gonna go watch BR now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post fail horridly in regards to not asking me a question. But given the great joy, I got out of reading your post, I forgive you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this thread going to be one long pitch to get us to buy one of your crappy products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever found yourself not being able to find your keys?

[/ QUOTE ]now that you mention it...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:43 PM

What's next, ask me about being a successful cashier?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was always anal retentive about putting the bills in the till with the front facing up. Is that the calling card of a successful cashier? If so I may have to start a thread about it.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM

every [censored] day i get called from "unknown number". I mean every. [censored]. day. Every time they let it ring twice then hang up and i almost never make it to the phone in time to actually answer it. The rare times that I do make it to the phone it is some mother [censored] telemarketer.

So my question is if I were to call my phone company and ask them to block those unknowns from calling me, would that stop a douche bag like you or would you just enter the code to unblock the number and call me anyway? I'm on the donotcall registry fwiw.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Is your home phone on the Do Not Call list?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was always anal retentive about putting the bills in the till with the front facing up. Is that the calling card of a successful cashier? If so I may have to start a thread about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha not only were we required to have all bills face up, but all presidents needed to face the same way. For this privilege, I was paid $2.85 an hour.

Yeah, a cashier thread would kick ass.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately my product was [censored] and I had to close before my cd-rom even hit the streets. I only had one request for a refund out of the 600 companies who paid to get on the cd-rom... I was very surprised about that, and of course I never paid that one refund as he eventually gave up on his claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, sweet.