Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Summer \'07 movie reviews/discussion (SPOILERS)

[ QUOTE ]
Transformers Trailer
This is the new trailer for Transformers. It's directed by Michael Bay with a July 4th opening. Is there any chance this movie could be good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Transformers Trailer
This is the new trailer for Transformers. It's directed by Michael Bay with a July 4th opening. Is there any chance this movie could be good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Michael Bay. Why does he suck?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM

I saw Knocked Up, written and directed by Judd Apatow of 40 year old virgin fame and staring some of the same cast. It wasn't as good as 40 Year Old but I had a lot of fun, seems like it will the date movie of the summer since the movie focuses a bit more on the woman's viewppoint, the woman from Grey Anatomy, than the typical "vulgar" comedy.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw Knocked Up, written and directed by Judd Apatow of 40 year old virgin fame and staring some of the same cast. It wasn't as good as 40 Year Old but I had a lot of fun, seems like it will the date movie of the summer since the movie focuses a bit more on the woman's viewppoint, the woman from Grey Anatomy, than the typical "vulgar" comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

same token, i saw a sneak preview of Super Bad by the same producers, starring the magnificent George Michael from Arrested Development. not close to as good as 40 yo virgin, but some good laughs for sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM

28 WEEKS LATER SPOILERS!!

28 weeks later was sh!t. 28 days later was awesome. It seems Hollywood destroyed what could have been (and did seem to be, for the first 30mins or so) a great sequel. Soooo many plot holes, stupid action scenes and killing for the sake of time filling for it to be considered in any way decent.

There was nothing beyond the point where the kids break out of the secure zone that was good. After that point the film took a sharp down turn, as if the writer said 'sh!t, what do I write now? 60mins of killing and awful plot. Lunch anyone?'
Old 05-21-2007, 07:26 AM

Alpha Dog: I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I wouldn't call it amazing, but it was extremely entertaining. [Spoilers] The dialogue during the final scene seemed to be trying insanely hard to elicit sympathy from the audience. It came off pretty corny to me, although it did the trick (for the most part).

I'd probably give it a solid 6/10.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know Michael Bay. Why does he suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ae,

I am also pumped about both of those, even though O13 will suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Altohugh O11 was classic, and O12 was poopoo, I think the reason O12 was much worse (correct me if I dont remember) was b/c it took place away from Vegas. Somewhere in Europe yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason O12 sucked was becuase the audience weren't part of the gang. In the first film you are made to feel a part of these cool guys lives, you're in on it as it goes along. In the second film the audience are superfulous to the film. It just felt like the actors were having a great time, but this time we weren't part of the fun. I hope they correct this for O13. I'm not hopeful though.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 AM

Disturbia Non-Spoilers

I liked this a lot. The kid actors were very realistic and the comedic effects make this fun for even those who don't like the scary genre. There were also a great number of shock moments that were really well placed. Villain was pretty unrealistic and had a weird role, but I'd definitely recommend this.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason O12 sucked was becuase the audience weren't part of the gang. In the first film you are made to feel a part of these cool guys lives, you're in on it as it goes along. In the second film the audience are superfulous to the film.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting point, and an argument I haven't heard before. Unfortunately, I still disagree.

The reason I thought O12 was sooo much better than O11 was that O11 had absolutely no dramatic tension -- the guys plan a heist, everything goes absolutely perfectly, and then the movie is over. zzzzz. Also the dialogue was dull. O12 was like Murphy's Law: they plan a heist and everything goes wrong at every point. Now we have the see the gang improvise, and that's where it comes to life. Not to mention the dialogue was so much better this time around (new, smarter screenwriter -- I hate Ted Griffin) and they had Vincent Cassel as a bad guy which rules. And finally, the score... David Holmes' music was like the best OST in a long time; I love that score -- a vast improvement from his stuff in the first one.

I'm hoping O13 comes close to the awesomeness of O12; but I'll be happy if it's at least better than O11.
Closed Thread