Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Commerce notes

I totally forgot about this great picture I got in Vegas.
Beset is was kindly helping Deeb take some pictures and so I snuck in and snapped this.

I has an opportunity to snap one of Brandi playing 100-200 with her bf but I wuzzed out. And the picture of Nelly owning 10-20 NL was blurry.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beset is was kindly helping Deeb take some pictures and so I snuck in and snapped this.

I has an opportunity to snap one of Brandi playing 100-200 with her bf but I wuzzed out. And the picture of Nelly owning 10-20 NL was blurry.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm bad at recognizing people, but is that jennicide on the left?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 PM

This was fun except each one of these girls produced atleast one if not two cameras and lined them up for me to take pictures. I obeyed like a puppy of course.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have boxes but they make you fill out a tax form for transactions over 10k (deposits, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The box cashiers do not look at what you put in your box; there are players' banks also, however, and my understanding is that they monitor $10K+ transactions to those -- although since I've never had a players' bank, I am not positive on this point.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm bad at recognizing people, but is that jennicide on the left?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that Deeb or Danny DeVito?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 PM

neither?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:55 AM

That sucks about the 130k but honestly it is really [censored] stupid to carry that much cash around. They do not monitor what you put in and out of your box nor do they monitor player bank transactions.. They only report 10k+ CASH transaction... if you chip up it does NOT get reported.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:02 PM

confirmed. please help me find this guy.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Too late i know and im sorry but couldnt u have just put the money in a near by banks safety deposit box? I always thought u could just set up a safety deposit box without having to fill out any tax forms and have access to it whenever u need it (during bank hours). It just seems too dangerous to be caring around so much cash its worth a little banking pain in the ass.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guys name and info out it shouldnt be too hard to track him down. now getting the money back. good luck.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should 100% go to the police. The people saying otherwise in the BBV thread are either paranoid or ignorant about law enforcement. Police care about thefts of this scope and you have a lot of leads, and they don't care that you were playing poker underage or whatever. While there are no guarantees you won't get slapped with some kind of infraction, usually the police are good about not pressing charges against people who admit to small crimes while reporting bigger ones. If the police refuse to investigate (sooo incredibly unlikely), or if you have some legitimately good reason not to go to them (like you haven't been paying your taxes), hire a PI.

Edit: I think I'm required by law or something as a Bar applicant to say that you shouldn't take anything I say here as real legal advice and you should consult a lawyer.