Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars $1/2 Frustration

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, “Over the next 5000 hands the number of times that player is dealt pocket aces, when added to the previous 500 hands, will become much closer to matching the odds of 220 to 1, against”. This is incorrect. The previous 500 hands should not be added back; they are irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are not irrelevant. DUCY?

(oops... asked and answered. Had to wait for break to post)

[/ QUOTE ]

TomTom my friend, you've lost me!

(very, very poor pun; I apologize before being expelled from the board)
Old 11-10-2007, 02:36 AM

My personal observations with FT vs PS at 1/2 6 max is FT is a LAG and PS is a TAP, if I were to characterize them as play types.

So depending on what you play better against: My variance is significantly higher at FT and probably the games are a bit more position sensitive than at PS. There are fewer games to choose from as well so it sometimes takes a bit of hit and miss to find a good table spot.

FT allows datamining so that helps but the software isn't as good imo especially with more than one table running.

If you do give FT a shot definitely sign up for rakeback and deposit the full amount for the bonus. At 1/2 my rakeback and bonus amount to 1bb/100 for the 5700 hands.

I have to say however, so far I don't like 1/2 at either PS or FT and am down .5bb/100 compared to being up 3.0 bb/100 at the level lower over a significant number of hands.

Incredible suckouts have happened and its only 8k hands but if it remains like this for another 10k hands I will probably drop down and grind up to 2/4 bankroll level.

I have seen a few games at that level and they seem much more fishier for some reason.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM

IMO, 1/2 has always been the worst limit. 2/4 and 3/6 are worlds better. This has been said for at least the last 3 years, skip 1/2 all together.

yeah, you need to learn it, so they say. blah blah. I say, if you can beat .5/1, you can beat 2/4. It's not freakin rocket science. ldo
Old 11-10-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, 1/2 has always been the worst limit. 2/4 and 3/6 are worlds better. This has been said for at least the last 3 years, skip 1/2 all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered why that is...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:47 AM

Is this consensus common? That 2/4 is easier than 1/2? If there is anybody who feels otherwise, I'd like to hear from you, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm asking as a 1/2 regular who has never taken a shot at 2/4. You can probably see why I'd be curious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered why that is...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's wierd. it's like thats the first real bonus whoring limt so maybe they just get stuck there. I've also heard trhat 2/4 is about the lowest live limit yo will find, so live donks get online and play that. maybe the lucky ones actually "move up" to 3/6 and make that game good too.

I havent' given 5/10 a real solid go yet, but from what i've seen, it is much more aggressive than 3/6. not lag type either. My 8/16 stints have been horrible. every preflop hand raised and most 3 bet. check raises out the ass and sick value bets. morning or night. yuck.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm asking as a 1/2 regular who has never taken a shot at 2/4. You can probably see why I'd be curious. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

take a shot and see for yourself. play one table and be patient and play your best poker. no distractions.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:36 AM

I have taken a few shots with the short bankroll at 2/4 so far 4 times single table and around 500 hands for $96, -$24, -$10, $24 respectively. The 96 dollar session I earned 50 off of one guy who bluff raised at least once every hand. I was a calling station that day if I missed.

Let's just say I have never seen a player like that at the lower levels except at the micro tables on PS. I have to believe that the live table situation has something to do with that.

The guy was from Florida. I think they have a lot of 2/4 there.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

take a shot and see for yourself. play one table and be patient and play your best poker. no distractions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, it's probably a good idea, but I'm a coward. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've been super-nitty in moving up so far, really making sure that I can beat the previous level (probably staying comfortably at that level for too long) before moving up to the next one.

I've played 2.5K hands of winning poker at 1/2. I'll probably wait until 10K hands before doing 2/4, and hope that I don't run into a major downswing before then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(By the way, I played 41.3K hands at $0.50/$1 before moving up to $1/$2. So, even if it doesn't seem like it, you have (somewhat) convinced me to change my ways [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm just a cowardly lion in general, though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, it's probably a good idea, but I'm a coward. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've been super-nitty in moving up so far, really making sure that I can beat the previous level (probably staying comfortably at that level for too long) before moving up to the next one.

I've played 2.5K hands of winning poker at 1/2. I'll probably wait until 10K hands before doing 2/4, and hope that I don't run into a major downswing before then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(By the way, I played 41.3K hands at $0.50/$1 before moving up to $1/$2. So, even if it doesn't seem like it, you have (somewhat) convinced me to change my ways [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm just a cowardly lion in general, though... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

ask yourself, do you think you are the best player at the table in the games you are playing? if you think so, move up. the skill level isn't that much different, it's just for more money.

i guess i have a little more gambool in me than most. that + a steady paycheck makes it easier. i shouldn't be pushing you guys to spoil my games anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]