Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: welcome to the No Fun Century

BRB, out buying Taco Bell stock.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD DAMNIT!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT FREE TACO DAY!!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GOD DAMNIT!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT FREE TACO DAY!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would have been much cooler if they gave the free tacos right after the stolen base, with maybe a slightly longer window to claim it. Then it's like the stolen base actually matters; you're on edge waiting for it to happen and it becomes more personal. I think it loses the point and might as well not have anything to do with the World Series when it's like this.

But clearly their motivation is offering this promotion to a broader number of people, and not simply making it more exciting for people like me who happen to be watching the game and would love a free taco.

What they could have done is distribute 100 or so questions to all their branches, and when someone claims their free taco they're asked a question about the game that the taco comes from and if they get it right then they get a cheesy gordita supreme in addition to their taco. Now that's a promotion.

Plus MLB would like it and probably arrange everything so that all Taco Bell would have to do is make sure their cashiers can read.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think it would have been much cooler if they gave the free tacos right after the stolen base, with maybe a slightly longer window to claim it. Then it's like the stolen base actually matters; you're on edge waiting for it to happen and it becomes more personal. I think it loses the point and might as well not have anything to do with the World Series when it's like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definately. I would also be more likely to take advantage of it instead of forgetting. During basketball season here at UF, they run similar promos that if the team scores more than a certain number of points everyone in attendance get free subway, or bigmacs, or whoppers. We would collect ticket stubs from all the old alumni and gourge ourselves the next day. I can remember a game two years ago that we only needed 1 point to get free hamburgers. With time running out Humphrey pulled up and bricked a 3, and we all booed him off the court.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:22 AM

rowdy reptiles!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think it would have been much cooler if they gave the free tacos right after the stolen base, with maybe a slightly longer window to claim it. Then it's like the stolen base actually matters; you're on edge waiting for it to happen and it becomes more personal. I think it loses the point and might as well not have anything to do with the World Series when it's like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definately. I would also be more likely to take advantage of it instead of forgetting. During basketball season here at UF, they run similar promos that if the team scores more than a certain number of points everyone in attendance get free subway, or bigmacs, or whoppers. We would collect ticket stubs from all the old alumni and gourge ourselves the next day. I can remember a game two years ago that we only needed 1 point to get free hamburgers. With time running out Humphrey pulled up and bricked a 3, and we all booed him off the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaah that is hilarious
Old 11-02-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rowdy reptiles!

[/ QUOTE ]
w00t!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be eating tacos... we'll need to put a stop to these promos soon.

natedogg