Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio & Wynn 5/10NL, Rhino, Brandi sighting - *LON

nice tr and who cares about how you played the hands or whether your meal cost too much. NITS. just enyoy the report or stfu

on strippers, i had same experience at Spearmint back in sept. totally overrated, plastic but less than fantastic. Treasures on the other hand was awesome. They even have a decent restaraunt there! 'would u like a dance between courses sir?'. oh, definitely...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 AM

haha i played with that women at the wynn in like ... early july, we got into it a couple times, she isnt good at teh pokerz
Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice tr and who cares about how you played the hands or whether your meal cost too much. NITS. just enyoy the report or stfu

on strippers, i had same experience at Spearmint back in sept. totally overrated, plastic but less than fantastic. Treasures on the other hand was awesome. They even have a decent restaraunt there! 'would u like a dance between courses sir?'. oh, definitely...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. TR's aren't strat posts...they're for fun for those of us not in Vegas. :shrug:

I wonder if this is the same "Castro Anne" that I played w/ at the MGM and Rio during the WSOP this year.

Anyway, great write up! Well written and fun to read. Thank you!

I do have one question though...how does one get sick of Vegas? We were there for 10 days during the WSOP last year and needed another 3 months! It did help renting a vacation house SW of the strip, but still. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy who stacked your buddy was jack. and ftr i think jack will be diagnosed with severe dementia the day he overbet shoves on a newbie w/o the nuts. i heard an obviously exaggerated rumor that he made $350,000 last year in the wynn 5/10 game, which, divided by the average las vegas table gossip inflation rate, probably still means six figures, but imo he doesn't need it.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

OT...

I am surprised to hear he is a "big" winner in the game. The last time I played with him he spent more time away from the table than at it.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the guy who stacked your buddy was jack. and ftr i think jack will be diagnosed with severe dementia the day he overbet shoves on a newbie w/o the nuts. i heard an obviously exaggerated rumor that he made $350,000 last year in the wynn 5/10 game, which, divided by the average las vegas table gossip inflation rate, probably still means six figures, but imo he doesn't need it.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

OT...

I am surprised to hear he is a "big" winner in the game. The last time I played with him he spent more time away from the table than at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he have longish hair and constantly smoke by the rail? That guy is a total nit so I could see him beating 5 10 pretty easily.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:58 AM

Good TR. For some reasons TRs like these are the ones that make me want to go back the most. Nothing really went your way and it was still a good time.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM

People raising to "see where they're at" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside about poker being profitable for eternity
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

OT...

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he have longish hair and constantly smoke by the rail? That guy is a total nit so I could see him beating 5 10 pretty easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see him smoking by the rail a lot, but yes, older "cowboy" with longer white hair and a cowboy hat.

Jack is not a total nit but his play could be described as tight/passive and very straight forward.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was 100% certain he had the nuts there. Too bad my friend didn't realize it. Afterwards, we were talking about the hand later and I explained that the betting pattern alone should have set off some alarms. He still thinks he made the right play. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way you could have known that. The other poster who seems to know "jack" by name and has more experience with him might have known that. Calling here with a set isn't bad at all.

We don't know "jack" (heh heh), so what does he have and is he bluffing, semi-bluffing, or has it? His range can't be huge here - set of kings is probably out (unless you've seen him be very passive all night preflop, still flat calling with KK is pretty unusual). A lot of players I know could have TT, JT, KJ, AK, AQ, assuming they're not semi-bluffing something like AJ or outright bluffing (unlikely).

What hands does he think you have? That would be AA, AK, AQ, KK, JJ, TT, AQ, QQ, and misc other stuff. A lot of stuff you'll lay down there, which brings semi-bluffs into the picture somewhat.

Let's do math assuming 80% chance he has AQ and 20% we're ahead. If behind AQ, we're about 2:1 to hit a full house+ FTW.

The fact that he pushed "$1500" is irrelevant and just implies your friend's play was worse than it was. You said your friend lost $900, so I'll assume he started the hand with $900. So at the decision point, there is $435 in the pot, villain pushes for $690 more, which is what it costs your friend to call. So there's $1125 in the pot and $690 to call, which is 1.63:1. You're not far from the pot odds you need even if he flipped his AQ face up.

Assume you win 1/3 of the time when you're behind, and you win the 20% of the time you're ahead (not totally accurate but gets us close).

(1/3)(.8)($1125) - (2/3)(.8)($690) + (.2)($1125) = +$152

If you're 100% sure he has AQ (which you can't be), then it's
(1/3)$1125 - (2/3)$690 = -$91

So the picture is hardly as bleak as people are making it sound - it's a very close play either way.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But it's amazing that for as badly as you play, people play 10x worse, and you manage to be up money for the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I never said I was a good player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, limping JJ otb behind others? soo bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know it's bad. Hence the "I find JJ, and flat call, like a weak-passive, set-mining douche."

The metaphor of identifying a person as douche is intended to associated a variety of negative qualities, specifically low intelligence.

[ QUOTE ]
Raising with AJ on AQ9 to "see where you're at" also bad. You can flat-call the flop and see what he does on the turn. Also, if an 8/K falls on turn, you might be able to take away the pot on the turn (although I don't know if people can fold top 2 or Top/3rd pair) to represent JT. And if a blank falls on turn and he fires again, a fold is fine since the best you're against is AT, tying against AJ, and behind everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought it was probably spew. (I even say it in the title for that hand.) Thanks for the analysis though. Makes sense.

Also, it's funny how the phrase "to see where I was at" gets everybody's hackles raised, every time. It never fails.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the 78 hand is awful. Raise the flop. There are so many cards that fall on turn that kill your action if the pfr does have QQ-AA, and since the board is so heavy, he might 3 bet you with TT as well thinking you might have diamonds or pair+straight draw. At the very worst, bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I was talking to Cha last night, and I was saying that I think this one is by far the worst of the bunch. I spoke to Microbet about it earlier, saying I really should have bet the flop, but (if I recall correctly) he said he didn't mind it because it makes it look like I am drawing. I'll have to ask him again and see if that's what he said....

I then said "well, I should have at least bet the turn, so bad" and he said "if you knew a 7 was coming on the end, then yeah, but checking there isn't awful."

Anyway, thanks for the analysis. You've saved me the embarrassment of having to post some of these hands in MSNL strategy.