Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio & Wynn 5/10NL, Rhino, Brandi sighting - *LON

[ QUOTE ]
OP, you played your hands bad for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? I'm sure we'd all love to have a discussion about how the hands should have been played. Comments like yours are just mildly annoying and not the least bit interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
You're also likely either gay, or a virgin by the way you are scared of women. So is your crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he he is none of the above, and am very sure you are a douche.

[ QUOTE ]
..... Yes Brandi is hot in person, and you are a jerk for running your mouth to the whole table and showing everyone pictures of her naked to the table while she was away.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't do that. Did you read the [censored] post you moron?

It said "so I handed him my Blackberry, showed him my outgoing message to Cha, and said "Google that name." He types it into his iPhone, and I watch as his eyes go saucer-wide and he mouths "whoa." His iPhone is passed around the table, as everyone looks at her boobie pics and starts asking me more questions. I refuse to answer anything more. "

Anyways, now that I have that stuff off my chest, great post octave!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 AM

when I played with Anne she was talking nonstop about how much she loved to gamble... wanting to play a hand where we all put in $100 blind and check it down, etc. Yet I never once saw her actually do anything much that resembled gambling (without an edge, at least). She chose to straddle to come in after a seat change rather than waiting one more hand for her bb, but that's about the extent of it. I felt she was playing clearly too loose pf but the competition is bad enough that it didn't get her into trouble. I got the impression that she reads hands quite well although for the most part I've forgotten the specifics that led me to this conclusion.

and she is very friendly
Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy who stacked your buddy was jack. and ftr i think jack will be diagnosed with severe dementia the day he overbet shoves on a newbie w/o the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was 100% certain he had the nuts there. Too bad my friend didn't realize it. Afterwards, we were talking about the hand later and I explained that the betting pattern alone should have set off some alarms. He still thinks he made the right play. Oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
castro is anne. i enjoy playing with her. she owes me a free turn and river next time we play, glad you mentioned her, almost forgot about that one. and regardless of what people think about her, she's good for the game b/c she changes the composition of a table just by being there. it has nothing to do w/ her play, it has everything to do w/ her personality and an attractive girl who isn't a gold digger playing in a reasonaly large game. btw rumor has it she went on a rampage in the 10/20 at the B a while back and killed the game for two months straight or something. like most players, when she's playing well she plays very good, but she doesn't always bring that game with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh cool, thanks for the info. She was definitely an interesting character. I tried to talk to her about Colorado, but she didn't bite. I didn't mind her in the games, it's just that she sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'd definitely rather play with someone like her than the grouchy-ass Russian woman who was seated on my left, talking [censored] to everyone and having the floor called over because refused to square up the table.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're also likely either gay, or a virgin by the way you are scared of women. So is your crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Octaveshift being gay. He didn't even try to hit on me.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either you my friend have the highest standards ever or went to the Rhino on the worst night of all time. I have been there plenty and have been surrounded by beautiful women for the most part each time. I have pretty high standards myself. Otherwise great TR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, I can't tell you how disappointed we were, especially after all of positive things I had read on the forums.

We went to Scores last year, and all agreed that the women were much better-looking, overall.

One of the other possibilities- it was really crowded, and most of the hot girls were already with clients, leaving the busted-up scrippas behind to fight for scraps?

*shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

A mediocre lineup at the Rhino is not all that unusual. I've been there three times, and only managed to spend a total of 40 bucks on top of the cover. I never got as scared as you, but the line about the women at work applies.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nobu

We go the Palms for our 9pm reservation at Nobu. We opt for the "Chef's Choice" for 4 and a 1L bottle of sake. The food was phenomenal, per usual. However, the Australian Kobe was not particularly good, and left all of us a little disappointed. There were a few hot women floating around, but nothing over an 8. Meh. Tab comes and it's almost $900. Server tells us the credit card machine is down, so they have to call the card in by hand- and there is a long line in front of us. Since it was going on a corporate card, we had to sit around for about 20 minutes with our thumbs up our asses, while growing increasingly impatient. Good food, but a bad way to end the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

well written trip report sounds like a blast, nice, but who spends $900 on a dinner for 4? you got robbed pal, seriously robbed.

they stole your money and if it was me i'd be pissed
Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nobu

We go the Palms for our 9pm reservation at Nobu. We opt for the "Chef's Choice" for 4 and a 1L bottle of sake. The food was phenomenal, per usual. However, the Australian Kobe was not particularly good, and left all of us a little disappointed. There were a few hot women floating around, but nothing over an 8. Meh. Tab comes and it's almost $900. Server tells us the credit card machine is down, so they have to call the card in by hand- and there is a long line in front of us. Since it was going on a corporate card, we had to sit around for about 20 minutes with our thumbs up our asses, while growing increasingly impatient. Good food, but a bad way to end the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

well written trip report sounds like a blast, nice, but who spends $900 on a dinner for 4? you got robbed pal, seriously robbed.

they stole your money and if it was me i'd be pissed

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a dinner that ran 1k for 4 ppl in Vegas at CraftSteak including booze. Some Big4 firm picked up the tab, yay for dining on corporate america!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:55 AM

In regards to the guy with the iPhone, he should be featured in one of those new iPhone testimonial commercials. "So this hot girl sits down next to me at a poker table.."

Classic.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 AM

"she fancied herself a bit of a player"

"the irritating cokehead from Colorado"

"Hard to believe she's not busto by now"

"i saw her in vegas and in ac and she was hemorrhaging money all the way home. She pays so poorly"

some of you guys are real a-holes and need to grow up. i dunno what talking trash about a girl who's like 5'3 and maybe 100-lbs behind her back does for your egos. ann's not a great player, but she can certainly hold her own in any typical 5-10 game. and if one day it clicks together for her and she curbs some of her spewtarding tendencies, she has the talent (hand-reading ability and innate gamb000l) to go a lot further than the average nits who populate those games.

she's a nice person; she's a female in a field that's overwhelmingly male, which i imagine must be tough enough in itself; and although she's not a very good poker player yet, she has the potential to be terrific. so get off her case already and pick on someone else.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:54 AM

Nice TR.

But it's amazing that for as badly as you play, people play 10x worse, and you manage to be up money for the trip.

Seriously, limping JJ otb behind others? soo bad.

Raising with AJ on AQ9 to "see where you're at" also bad. You can flat-call the flop and see what he does on the turn. Also, if an 8/K falls on turn, you might be able to take away the pot on the turn (although I don't know if people can fold top 2 or Top/3rd pair) to represent JT. And if a blank falls on turn and he fires again, a fold is fine since the best you're against is AT, tying against AJ, and behind everything else.

Also the 78 hand is awful. Raise the flop. There are so many cards that fall on turn that kill your action if the pfr does have QQ-AA, and since the board is so heavy, he might 3 bet you with TT as well thinking you might have diamonds or pair+straight draw. At the very worst, bet the turn.