Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Open-Ended Versus Nath

prob c/f turn, i dont remember if it was because i was there or what but this is a set way more than normal with stacks

if he checks back, open shove like any 6 J or A
Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prob c/f turn, i dont remember if it was because i was there or what but this is a set way more than normal with stacks

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously, with some of the responses in this thread you'd think i showed up here with JTo or something
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously, with some of the responses in this thread you'd think i showed up here with JTo or something

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think calling pf with less than 99 in this spot is profitable. 99 is close, any bigger is fine but against Foucault I don't know why you'd call with much less.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think calling pf with less than 99 in this spot is profitable. 99 is close, any bigger is fine but against Foucault I don't know why you'd call with much less.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a huge swipe at foucault's game
Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a huge swipe at foucault's game

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? I'm not trying to say anything like that at all. You're never getting set odds with small pairs because he's not going broke to you basically every time you flop a set.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 AM

I like to think I play pretty well preflop at these stacks and if someone is folding 8s to my opens, then I think I'm playing way too tight and far from optimal.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 AM

An utg raise with no money in the pot at a stars 9 handed table is usually quite strong, and I think raising T8s in this spot isn't very good at all... and with typical players I think calling with 88 in this spot is bad.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:21 AM

check fold flop... you ever get nath to fold anything on this board if he c-bets... and that's the true secret to this hand
Old 08-22-2007, 10:55 AM

nath,
in your opinion what range should they be putting you on. I think your range should probably be pretty tight here, pairs 77 and up (including QQ-AA) maybe like AQ, although I wouldnt be wild about that. If he wasnt UTG, I would absolutely widen the range a lot, and you could play a bunch more unpaired hands profitable. Given that range its quite reasonable for you to call the flop, but on a blank turn I'd expect you to get it in with TT+ (which seems to me to be most of your range). If the flop was rainbow I think you'd probably fold TT to a turn push, and maybe even JJ.

Given that, if Im foucault I think in theory I should give up on the turn, but in reality I probably push monkey it.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 AM

annnnd when foucault pushes the turn what's nath's calling range?