Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Help me buy a car

That hyundai concept car is cheese whereas A5/S5 looks classy, sexy and hot.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

orly?

in general, reading the retarded responses in car and watch threads makes me tilt, but this one is especially good.

the bmw 3 series is hands down one of the best cars ever made. each generation becomes the benchmark for every car companies' attempts at a sports sedan. and not that i need to keep going on, but in more than one review the bmw 335i has been called 'perhaps the greatest car ever made' for its price, which is now about $50-55k loaded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG Damn! that is like so [censored] CHEAP! Sold if i found that price in the UK, over here ur looking at 80k+ for a fully loaded one... hmm maybe i should go for an import? and be a NIT to save 30k!?!?!?

Gah
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM

I don't know the prices in UK but porsche cayman s should be in your price range, it's a really hot car
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 PM

a cayman S, tho a super sick car, with some options will prob be $100k+ in the uk.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

orly?

in general, reading the retarded responses in car and watch threads makes me tilt, but this one is especially good.

the bmw 3 series is hands down one of the best cars ever made. each generation becomes the benchmark for every car companies' attempts at a sports sedan. and not that i need to keep going on, but in more than one review the bmw 335i has been called 'perhaps the greatest car ever made' for its price, which is now about $50-55k loaded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The 335 has the same 0-60 as the s5 for much less (both around 4.9s), and beats the 330i's times of 2 years ago by almost 2 seconds. Source: S5 review 335i G37 comparison 335i review on different site

The current m3 also beats the RS4 and the c63 in a car and driver comparison where it is the cheapest car featured.

Their popularity may not make them as exotic as all the other options, but there is a good reason for that popularity.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM

looking like the 3series FTW...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
buy a lotus

[/ QUOTE ]Seriously, my brother just bought an Elise. Cool as [censored] thought me. Got a shot of it. It is awful. For <£30k there are much better options, and for £35k it's a total non-starter
Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Depreciation will kill you, but not a lot of them around.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Depends. Buying the BMW means you're trying to say something to the world. People don't buy a 3-series BMW because it's a good car. They buy it because they want a BMW, but it's the only one they can afford. If a guy places no value on a car then he'll buy any kind of disposable vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you make me laugh. Keep telling yourself that.

I bought a 335i this year because on a price/performance basis it's easily one of the best cars you can buy. But don't take my word for it... let's let Car and Driver say it: "The current and much-praised, fifth-generation E90 version is no doubt the best, and is among the most rewarding cars to drive at any price."

OP: don't listen to the haters... Get yourself a 335 and be done with it.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The current m3 also beats the RS4 and the c63 in a car and driver comparison where it is the cheapest car featured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to add that the 335 (lightly modified with a $300 ECU piggyback) has been stomping the new M3 on the 1/4 mile.

One of them, running drag radials, a $300 piggyback, and a downpipe has run a 3.83s 0-60. (It's also the same config that ran 12.44@109.6 in 2900' DA last week.)

That's a sub 4 second 0-60. <--- Read that again.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that the 335 is a monster clearly doesn't know a damn thing about cars, and should STFU.