Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM

Default PLO Aces up+FD vs. ?

PokerStars PLO $2-4 hand. 6-max hand.
Table has been very active, CO+1 is a maniac opening 65% of his hands and has juiced up play. Villain ($450) has had average stats so far, nothing of note but he's been OOP vs. maniac. Hero ($1300) was very LAG early vs. another huge LAG, but has slowed down over the last 20 min and been tight-solid but pretty passive preflop since getting a big stack.

UTG opens for full pot.
CO+1 maniac surprisingly folds
Hero (CO) calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Others fold, so HU to flop

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG leads full pot.
What’s your plan? Raise? Call? (or do you fold preflop?)

If you call, what’s your plan if he leads out on:
- on a blank turn ?
- a low club?
- an offsuit Q,J,T?

Thx,
-g
Old 10-05-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: PLO Aces up+FD vs. ?

Curse yourself for not folding preflop.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM

fold flop imo
Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Bad reverse implied odds here, and the fact that improving to the winner will get you $0, makes this a bad spot for me and I probably fold. It's way too easy for your opponent to have AAxx, KKxx, or AKxx here. It is possible he has a piece with higher clubs. Assuming these make up a huge part of his range, there is almost no good turn card for you, and plenty of bad ones. If your clubs happen to be good, you will get no action. I'd dump it.

PF with position, this hand seems OK, but you are playing to make NUT flushes and straight, not this kind of board.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:09 PM

You've got position and still about 13x the pot left here. You can call this on the flop, expecting to either have the best hand or best draw about 90% of the time. On any turn, if he checks, I'm firing (though not full pot, more like 3/4). If he bets a blank turn for the pot or near, I'm folding, a low club I will call one bet, an offsuit Q,J or T I'm folding.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Re-read the above. A "blank turn" (i.e. 2's and 4's thru 7's, non clubs) and non club T-J-Q, makes up 24 cards. This means that over half the time your hand is going to be an autofold, as your opponent is checking the turn very rarely. Stick in the fact that a 9/8 isn't really an improvement for you, and that you can't play a big pot with any other cards, and this is a fairly easy fold.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM

You're not playing A983 to see that on the flop. Easy fold post flop since you will never know where you are in the hand on the turn or river.
If you call the flop, no matter what card hits, you will have a tough time value betting it when you are ahead and folding it when you are behind.
You will spew more than you milk here by calling this flop.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not playing A983 to see that on the flop. Easy fold post flop since you will never know where you are in the hand on the turn or river.
If you call the flop, no matter what card hits, you will have a tough time value betting it when you are ahead and folding it when you are behind.
You will spew more than you milk here by calling this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call preflop?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM

Calling pre-flop is fine, but I'd fold the flop. If It were something like AT3 maybe call. You don't really know where you're at here so you're likely to be the one making mistakes rather than him.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM

nothing too bad about the preflop call with a suited ace in position, but as ribbo said, this isn't the flop you called to see.