Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: 1,000th post: Revealing my secret identity

Are you invited to parties and clubs or does he make you stay at home? DO you get to carry the wallet? How often does he work out? How often do you? What's his favorite kind of fast food?

I know you can't answer this, but I'm really curious as to how ridiculous his lack of insight is...mildly amusing fobile or full-blown self-delusion?

Have you met any famous (read: TV) pros while working for him? Does he know any IRL? Does he know any non-poker players at all? What kind of chicks hang out at the compound?

Why do I care about this idk imo.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 PM

what do you want to do when the SIHB boys all go bust and/or stop making money?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:04 PM

I'm glad you care, it gives me something to do.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you invited to parties and clubs or does he make you stay at home?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been invited to parties at his house (and have helped set up for them), but I have not been interested in attending as I don't drink (unusual I know) or smoke, and don't really consider myself much of a partier. Plus, I've got a few years on his whole crew, so it would be a little uncomfortable. I haven't been invited to any clubs yet (though I would probably respectfully decline, for the reasons stated above). I was not invited to Aruba.

[ QUOTE ]
DO you get to carry the wallet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if I need to. Mostly I end up just taking the credit card, and I keep a sheet with his info on it in a safe place for when I need to sign up for things / make payments on his behalf.

[ QUOTE ]
How often does he work out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Very frequently, at least once every other day, some weeks almost every day.

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play basketball and dodgeball on campus (mostly the former), and I try to do one or the other at least 4 times a week. My body is not as good as I would like it to be, and I am not motivated enough to lift weights, but I love to compete and am pretty decent at the sports I play (being 6'4" helps a lot in basketball).

[ QUOTE ]
What's his favorite kind of fast food?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to go with Qdoba (chicken burritos with no beans and grilled vegetables), with Jimmy John's being second.

[ QUOTE ]
I know you can't answer this, but I'm really curious as to how ridiculous his lack of insight is...mildly amusing fobile or full-blown self-delusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that he has developed a considerable amount of insight/self-awareness in the last year or so. He has talked about how he's not going to be making hard drug posts anymore, is not partying as hard, and cares about his image and future (hence the recent "hookers and blow: not sustainable" comment). I do not think reading his BBV posts gives the whole picture, but obviously there is that aspect present. Can't say too much more on this topic.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you met any famous (read: TV) pros while working for him?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Does he know any IRL?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he has met a few, but as far as "knowing" them I'd say not beyond the 'balla' crew (Alan Sass, EM2, etc.). I know he talks with Mark Vos sometimes. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Does he know any non-poker players at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of a funny question in its profundity. He has one roommate who is not a poker player (the other recently became one mainly because of his influence). Most of the people I see him hanging around with are poker players, though.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of chicks hang out at the compound?

[/ QUOTE ]
College chicks, mostly attractive and prone to drinking excessively. They are not usually there at all hours of the day, though (unless they have spent the night).
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm good idea I need a butler also

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you can find someone trustworthy and competent. The main reason I got this job over other qualified candidates was that there is a mutual friend who could vouch for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did people actually apply who were not qualified enough to get his groceries?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you want to do when the SIHB boys all go bust and/or stop making money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably this would mean the death of online poker has happened, which will rule out becoming a part-time poker player myself for sustainable income. So if I absolutely had to pick a career (which I am not planning on doing right now), it would probably involve getting a teaching degree.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm good idea I need a butler also

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you can find someone trustworthy and competent. The main reason I got this job over other qualified candidates was that there is a mutual friend who could vouch for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did people actually apply who were not qualified enough to get his groceries?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one girl seemed normal enough when she applied, but when he turned her down (saying he was going with the friend of a friend for the security of it), she wrote a rather psychotic email about how she had driven for 3 hours just to apply. I wouldn't want her handling my money or my food.
Also, keep in mind that this is a college town, and most of the applicants were probably college students. Does that answer your question? Most of my friends are still in college, but you get my stereotypical drift.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's me on the right. This is an actual photograph.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Do YOU need a personal assistant?

I think it'd be kind of cool to be the personal assistant to good2cu's personal assistant.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do YOU need a personal assistant?

I think it'd be kind of cool to be the personal assistant to good2cu's personal assistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. No thank you. I need to stay humble.