Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Man vs Wild

skinned it for a blanket, gutted the inside, drank it's stomach contents, demonstrated how it can shelter your from a sandstorm by crawling into it's rib cage, ate the fat off of it, then curled up with his blanket and spooned with it for the night.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just out of curiosity what did he do to the camel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever been to Tijuana?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, im assuming this is a standard play there?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Results in white
<font color="white"> Gutted it, drank water from the rumunus, opened the stomach, squeezed water from the digested food, drank that, ripped out the digestive system (200 feet), dragged it into the desert, climbed into the camel, demostrating that you could sleep inside it, skinned it, used the skin as a blanket, cooked and ate part of the fat,ribs ect, then slept next to it using the skin as a blanket and neck/head as a pillow. Good stuff! </font>
Old 11-17-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one Sahara one I saw seemed to really play down the "He's out there all alone!" aspect that last season had. He mentioned the team a lot, he interacted with other people, the show was much more a "Bear Gryllis teaches survival" instead of "Bear Gryllis survives."

I like that not just because it's more honest but because it creates more distinction between Survivorman and Man v. Wild. And by going away from the "Bear all alone" schtick they seemed more inclined to use more cinematic editing and the like which makes the show more watchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. It's more like a "how to survive" show now, rather than a "look how tough I am" show. The honesty is better.

It's apparent even in the old ones that they're dubbed in comments like "I'm not staying here" and "With the crew's help.....".
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one Sahara one I saw seemed to really play down the "He's out there all alone!" aspect that last season had. He mentioned the team a lot, he interacted with other people, the show was much more a "Bear Gryllis teaches survival" instead of "Bear Gryllis survives."

I like that not just because it's more honest but because it creates more distinction between Survivorman and Man v. Wild. And by going away from the "Bear all alone" schtick they seemed more inclined to use more cinematic editing and the like which makes the show more watchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah totally, I was just going to start a thread about this. It's really interesting that the producers have reacted to the hubbub and really changed the show. They've totally acknowledged that it's fake and they set stuff up for Bear to do. Now they just show him eat nasty stuff and do some climbing and various interesting scenarios. I think it's actually a better show now.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's apparent even in the old ones that they're dubbed in comments like "I'm not staying here" and "With the crew's help.....".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's interesting too, even in the reruns they edited them and put in disclaimer screens and new voice-overs. He acknowledges using ropes on some climbs, getting crew help to build shelters, that animals were brought in.

It's really unusual for a TV show to react so much as to even go back and edit the reruns.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM

I think its smart...Discovery knows it has essentially a star in the making with Bear and doesn't want to let the screwup destroy that.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Results in white
<font color="white"> Gutted it, drank water from the rumunus, opened the stomach, squeezed water from the digested food, drank that, ripped out the digestive system (200 feet), dragged it into the desert, climbed into the camel, demostrating that you could sleep inside it, skinned it, used the skin as a blanket, cooked and ate part of the fat,ribs ect, then slept next to it using the skin as a blanket and neck/head as a pillow. Good stuff! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I'm sold after the camel story.

Not sure how I missed this show since I'm usually all over nature shows. For a minute, I thought this was that other show with Dr. Brian Baird (or something like that) - the one where the guy acts like a drama queen the whole show.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to check it out..its to bad they decided to bs everyone instead of going this route...cuz to be honest it works fine even if he isn't doing the "watch me fast for a week in the wild" which Les essentially does.

Man vs. Wild given the production values etc is a far more enjoyable watch. Would be cool though if Les upped the anty and went for 2 weeks instead of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm rarely if ever a spelling nit, but really? "Anty"?

The problem with Survivorman is A) Les is too good at surviving and B) Every show is now pretty much the same. They've done deserts, forests, etc. they are running out of new challenges for him, and since the whole show is just him getting challenged(none of the dramatic awesomeness of Bear) I've pretty much lost interest.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to check it out..its to bad they decided to bs everyone instead of going this route...cuz to be honest it works fine even if he isn't doing the "watch me fast for a week in the wild" which Les essentially does.

Man vs. Wild given the production values etc is a far more enjoyable watch. Would be cool though if Les upped the anty and went for 2 weeks instead of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm rarely if ever a spelling nit, but really? "Anty"?

The problem with Survivorman is A) Les is too good at surviving and B) Every show is now pretty much the same. They've done deserts, forests, etc. they are running out of new challenges for him, and since the whole show is just him getting challenged(none of the dramatic awesomeness of Bear) I've pretty much lost interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but i think it would be far more interesting if the show was lengthened. 7 days is just about the point when u get into real trouble if yr not finding food, shelter etc..even kids whoget lost manage to survive 4 or 5 days until they rescued without any food n just water