Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 09:47 PM

Default FPHG available

Well in the light of the other post about the Party Handgrabber loophole, I decided to release my own version of this for everybody to use.

I hope by doing this that this puts an end to all the profit making from this loophole (which I personally think is wrong). Some will not be happy that I released this, but I personally believe this is the 'correct' thing to do, and I am prepared to stand up and support my beliefs... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As was pointed out in another post this really is not a hard thing to do or code up for somebody with a reasonable level of low-level coding knowledge. I spend about 1/2 a day on this, but right enough it doesn't have a flashy interface and it a typical "Juk Hack" for want of a better word. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The zipfile, along with the source can be found here (Right click and use "Save as").

Make sure you read the README.TXT file first, as it mentions some of the problems you may encounter while using FreePHG.

Any problems then just PM or email me and I will try to help. Also, if anybody finds some neat fixes or optimizations then please share. Like I said before I didn't spend long coding this up and their is alot that could be done to improve it.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: This is one of "my" zip-files on my free host [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] - Feel free to re-host and post a new link if there are any problems with downloading it.

edit: changed title to slightly appease the secrecy camp.
edit: twice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Free Party Hand Grabber v0.01 available

juk,

holy holy holy holy hoyl crap.

this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.

i haven't tried it yet as i am too excited will report back later with trip report.

thank-you so much.
sean

edit--my only thought is i wonder if it might be more prudent to take a stealthier approach so not to draw party's notice too quickly (re: the title of the post) ---like with the previous application.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:04 PM

does it track mucked hole cards?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:19 PM

Yes, the HHF format is exactly the same as the old HHF files - 100% the same.

There is a tiny CPU load bug though, which means on slow systems it misses the end of some HH's which have side-pots. I will fix this if it ever becomes a problem, but so far it hasn't caused me any problems (and I have a slow system and get this happening quite often).

Old 03-07-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
juk,

holy holy holy holy hoyl crap.

this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.this is amazing.

i haven't tried it yet as i am too excited will report back later with trip report.

thank-you so much.
sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell us how you get on, a few people have tested it so far, and I originally wasn't going to release it, but the other thread eventually changed my mind... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
edit--my only thought is i wonder if it might be more prudent to take a stealthier approach so not to draw party's notice too quickly (re: the title of the post) ---like with the previous application.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I think since I am trying to stop the profit making from things such as PartyHandTracker and HHSmithey, the fact that I have openly published it like this (for free) will be in its favour.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:27 PM

do you think this is comparable to what smithey is doing?

-eric
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 PM

juk, nice app.

Will these hhf files stay around after Party is closed?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM

well we tried to contain the other program and that succeeded. the reason for that is because partypoker clearly reads 2+2 and it's an incredibly simple loophole to fix (though i don't think PTH will be effected if they do fix the loophole). i strongly believe that this stuff should be kept underground.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:38 PM

I would guess he used the same methods, but hopefully now people can use this for their own use.

I think the idea of selling data is what really pissed Party off into stopping HHFs, and HHSmithy is likely to eventually do just what Party wants to explicitly stop in their T&C.

If Party want to close the loophole used (which there seems quite alot of evidence that they may not actually want to stop this), then they can easily.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 PM

The HHF file get saved to the same folder where you run the FreePHG executable from, so as long as you don't run it in the PartyPoker folder, they should stay around.