Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

View Poll Results: What was in the suitcases?
$1 bills with $100s on the ends 21 58.33%
Honest-to-God $100 billz 10 27.78%
Green pieces of paper 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 AM

Default So, we are going to Foxwoods in May

Our resident degenerate Man of Means recently wrote up a little trip report that reminded me of how much free time I'll have in May. I suspect others--those who are in the academy in some form or other, or are unemployed degenerates (in the most affectionate sense possible)--will have some free time as well. And what better way to spend that time then playing some live poker side-by-side (not literally at the same table, of course) with 2p2ers?

Come to Foxwoods and experience "the wonder of it all" with us. To be honest, Foxwoods is gimmicky as hell and kind of looks like a giant shopping mall populated by a mix of degenerates and retirees (cf. BigBadBabar's descriptions of old women hooked up to oxygen tanks still playing penny slots (and getting cash)). The restaurants and hotels are all somewhat overpriced. But, really, who cares about any of that? We're going to go and have a great time getting our gamb00l and our drank (spelling intentional) on sometime in May.

Below are the dates that I'm available. Post here with dates, names, photos, etc. that might be useful for a Foxwoods meetup. You should also say how long you're interested in staying.

I could conceivably go the 13th for just a day trip if that's what people want, or anytime the 16th through 22nd as a one or two day thing.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
Doc
Old 04-22-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: So, we are going to Foxwoods in May

lawl TehPokarKing and I are going at least once and probably more than that. Ship the sherbert please.

group hotel rate will be cheap, and the games are sick soft. noobs, this is your chance to bust out and party with some micros legends (or something).

speak now and speak up.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 AM

This is too soon for me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
My fiancee aint gonna let me go transatlantic until I net $20k from poker.
I'm going to get there within the next year, I promise. So May of next year perhaps? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to try to go every time I have more than one day off in a row (which will hopefully happen several times in May) and am certainly looking for an opportunity to debut my whale shorts.

So yeah, it would be a pretty big honor to play and party w/ BBB, DrM and myself, we're a pretty big deal. Later.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:55 PM

how come you guys don't have a cool group name like the ship it holla ballahs? Basically I'm asking why you suck.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:06 PM

DM has that covered.

Farmland Mob holla!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:40 PM

all people posting in this thread who haven't said they're going to foxwoods, please explain yourselves.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all people posting in this thread who haven't said they're going to foxwoods, please explain yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, Matt, honestly... TPK, BBB and I are above having a group name. We are the paragon of human existence, and untouched by the quotidian goings-on of you mere mortals. If hoi polloi wants a name for us, you can use "New England Gangstas," but it's indifferent to us what nomenclature you prefer.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, Matt, honestly... TPK, BBB and I are above having a group name. We are the paragon of human existence, and untouched by the quotidian goings-on of you mere mortals. If hoi polloi wants a name for us, you can use "New England Gangstas," but it's indifferent to us what nomenclature you prefer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, Matt, you're almost a pretty big deal too...so, don't worry, we won't leave you out...you can come and hang out with us.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DM has that covered.

Farmland Mob holla!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm maybe you read my post wrong? I said cool name...