Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: IDF Releases Video Showing Rocket Fire from

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You really have no understanding of the goals of Islamofacism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your naivety of Lebanon (a western, democratic, cosmpolitan, free market county) and Hizbollah (a group created to liberate southern Lebanon from Israel and bring the return of thousands of prisoners from Israel)is remarkable.

My guess is you think any Islamic political partiy with a militia (in this case, one that was created out of necessity to deal with Israel's occupation of Lebanese lands) shares the same beliefs, and commits the same acts, as Al Queda.

It is curious that the US has chosen to ally itself with Israel - a country with no oil and who is the enemy of Arab countries. Strategically it is a retarded foreign policy. It'd make more sense to be allies with oil producing wealthy countries, rather than some tiny country that brings the US nothing but hatred and costs to its political capital.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about being naive. You honestly think that if the US cut ties with israel and supported a few arab nations that the muslim extremists would drop their weapons and give GW a big wet kiss? You think osama would take up accounting and his soldiers would go back to regular day jobs? Honestly, your post is borderline laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borderline? its totally laughable. Yes, derosnec, except for minor differences the ultimate goals of al Qaeda, HZB and all other terrorist organizations are essentially the same. Their intitial priorities and methods may be slightly different, but underlying them all is a warped reading of the Quran and the elimination of all infidels.

One of most popular and asinine theories from the left was "Iraq/Saddam is a secular regime and couldnt get along with Osama or other religious fundamentalists".

Uhhhhh....sure they couldnt. Just like fundamentalists wouldnt touch North Korea for religious reasons.

You have apparently been brought up as a moderate, with allegience to Lebanon and bear no ill will against Western society in general. That has blinded you to the hate of a huge number of Arabs.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:51 PM

It might not, but the continued war and occupation in Lebanon guarantees attacks on Israel for the indefinite future. Before Israel's invasion Hizballah rarely fired rockets into Israel, and generally did so in response to Israeli assassinations and border/airspace violations. Many of the media-reported attacks by Hizballah on "Israel" are actually in disputed areas like Shebaa Farms and the Golan. In its 2005 report on international terrorism, the State Department's description of specific terror incidents by Hizballah tops in 2000, when "Hizballah operatives captured three Israeli soldiers in the Shaba'a Farms area and kidnapped an Israeli non-combatant." It also says that Hizballah "also continued launching small-scale attacks across the Israeli border, resulting in the deaths of several Israeli soldiers," although this appears in the context of discussing Hizballah's "new measures to counter IAF violations of Lebanese airspace."

In short, Israel's unilateral escalation of the conflict has managed to turn a small-scale border conflict centered on military targets into a full-fledged war of mutual terror with no military solution in sight. In the absence of diplomatic exhaustion, launching a war where 80-90% of those killed are civilians is simply mass murder.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your naivety of Lebanon (a western, democratic, cosmpolitan, free market county) and Hizbollah (a group created to liberate southern Lebanon from Israel and bring the return of thousands of prisoners from Israel)is remarkable.

My guess is you think any Islamic political partiy with a militia (in this case, one that was created out of necessity to deal with Israel's occupation of Lebanese lands) shares the same beliefs, and commits the same acts, as Al Queda.

It is curious that the US has chosen to ally itself with Israel - a country with no oil and who is the enemy of Arab countries. Strategically it is a retarded foreign policy. It'd make more sense to be allies with oil producing wealthy countries, rather than some tiny country that brings the US nothing but hatred and costs to its political capital.

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about being naive. You honestly think that if the US cut ties with israel and supported a few arab nations that the muslim extremists would drop their weapons and give GW a big wet kiss? You think osama would take up accounting and his soldiers would go back to regular day jobs? Honestly, your post is borderline laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see him say anything like that, could you point out where in his post it says that? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you weren't very good at connect the dots in kindergarten were you?
Old 07-30-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see him say anything like that, could you point out where in his post it says that? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you weren't very good at connect the dots in kindergarten were you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you dispute that American relations with Israel throughout their history have hurt the Arab view of the United States?

Further, where in his post does he say that if "the US cut ties with Israel and supported a few Arab nations that the Muslim extremists would drop their weapons?" I've looked a few times, and I can't find it. The closest I can find is above, and I don't think anyone would argue against my statement.

I'll leave it to derosnec to clarify if he wishes to, but I'm going to assume that he doesn't believe a cessation of American support for Israel will instantly cause "Muslim extremism" to end.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hizballah rockets wouldn't amount to much of a defense at Olmert's war crimes trial. He didn't have to kill civilians to prevent rockets from being fired on Israel, he only had to accept the cease-fire Hizballah and Lebanon had already put on the table. Olmert rejected the cease-fire not because the IDF told him they could annhilate Hizballah in a few months -- obviously it can't -- but to defend Israel's preference for kidnapping (one case of which on June 24 triggered the latest round of kidnappings -- CBC News, 7/24/06); to violate UN resolutions sanctifying the norther border and to continue to occupy the pointless Shebaa Farms. Olmert would be hard-pressed to show how anything Israel has done amounts to a legitmate military operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If intellectual dishonesty is the new standard for banning, then I expect that I will never be subject to one of your ridiculous posts again. I'm sorry I took you off ignore.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Qana

You can use all the logic you want ... in some circles it (the whole Lebanon offensive) will be considered a war crime. Likely by many in Europe.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:44 PM

Since the last "Qana massacre" led to Israel accepting a cease fire, and since Israel repeatedly warned civilians to leave Qana due to impending attack, I wonder if HZB will be found to have overtly restricted these civilians from leaving an area that HZB ensured was a prime target by using it as a missile site?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:49 PM

Eventually we will find it. This is the rubric being trotted out by the Israeli apologists, mostly without knowledge as pure conjecture.

It has nothing to do with the culpability in this incident.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eventually we will find it. This is the rubric being trotted out by the Israeli apologists, mostly without knowledge as pure conjecture.

It has nothing to do with the culpability in this incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadnt seen that conjecture elsewhere. Any links or did you just hear/see it?

Of course it has everything to do with culpability if HZB held them hostage. It has little or nothing to do with Israeli culpability...that could only be claimed if somehow intent were proven...highly unlikely.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM

I was referring to your conjecture:

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if HZB will be found to have overtly restricted these civilians from leaving an area that HZB ensured was a prime target by using it as a missile site?

[/ QUOTE ]