Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Traffic beat (maybe tl;dr)

Driving from Poland to Germany today to pick up the keys to my new flat. Since I had put all my belongings in the car this morning and it screams: "break the glass and rob me" it was sort of important for me to get here tonight and unload it. I got off from Poland quite late due to some circumstances beyond my control, but still had 2 hours of margin to the last possible time to arrive. Traffic is light on autobahn, rarely I have to go below 200. Just after passing an exit I see that traffic is suddenly congested. I hit the breaks and the emergency light and manage to stop. It turns out that there has been some huge traffic accident about 1,5 km ahead. Police gets there and redirect traffic but they deny people to put it in reverse so since I am 200 meters past the exit I have to wait for nearly 3 hours while those who came a minute later are free to take alternative routes. Thus I get here too late and have to go in a hotel and park my car with most of the stuff inside. Tomorrow the owner is very busy in the morning, so I will also have to move a meeting in Poland tomorrow so late into the evening, that I will have to spend another night in hotel there tomorrow plus pay an extra day for the rent of the car [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

BTW, after 3 hours they had still only been able to clear one out of three lanes, so it must have been a real mess. The front of one truck was basically crushed, I have never seen a truck so destroyed before.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Traffic beat (maybe tl;dr)

[ QUOTE ]
they deny people to put it in reverse

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're Polish, couldn't you just do a 360 and get out of there?

(Do Polish jokes even exist in/around Poland, or is this just a weird American thing?)
Old 07-31-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(Do Polish jokes even exist in/around Poland, or is this just a weird American thing?)

[/ QUOTE ]
360, eh?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
360, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]