Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Fantasy Sports Gambling?

There seems to be tons of Fantasy Sports gambling type sites springing up this FB season. They all claim to be legal for US citizens due to the language of the UIGEA. The premise is that they run daily or weekly real money fantasy contests, with cash prizes. You basically are betting on the players you chose to do well vs. a team to do well in standard sports betting. Has anyone tried any of these, and is this really legit? Some example sites (to name a few) are weeklyfantasyfootball.com, gamedaydraft.com, fantasysportslive.com, instantfantasysports.com, and there is also one called fantasy lines or something like that that does point spread match-ups somehow while still claiming to be fantasy. It would be nice to profit from your fantasy FB skills, but I am not sure
Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Sports Gambling?

I have, I have profited, they seem fine, no different than any fantasy football site for $, of which there are 100, it's skill-based, like futures-trading on movie-opens or player performance, of which there are also 100 sites. JMHO.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

fantasy sports betting is getting more and more prevalent. i use fantasysportslive exclusively now. it's relatively new and lots of fantasy donks there. two guys took Brees in a no cap contest last week, even after his terrible performance the week before. everyone else took P. Manning or C. Palmer. duh
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM

usfantasylines is really cool, daily fantasy matchups, and lightning fast cashouts to boot..
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM

Thanks, that makes me feel better. Fantasysportslive.com seems to offer the most contests everyday so I think I will try there. I think USfantasylines was the site I found before, but I forgot the URL. Is that where you can do point spread type bets?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 AM

I hate the high % cut they take in leagues.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 PM

fantasysportslive only takes 10% of the prize pool, much like a sng or mtt. also, theyir mult-player contests almost always fill up and the few that don't have an overlay. they guarantee their payouts. some of the other sites will cancel a mult-player contest if it doesn't fill up in time. they just don't have as much traffic.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:02 PM

I signed up for a few leugues on FSL for Sunday. There draft method is a little different. They use a cap to limit who you can draft, but all players see the same pool and cap. This makes it a bit quicker to get through the draft, but the same football player can be on multiple fantasy teams in the same leugue. I think this is both good and bad. If I wan't LT I can get him if I want to pay, but I can't lock him down so nobody else can have him (and I love LT!). Boo! I will see how things work out this weekend, but I am liking my teams. Also no draft order advantage which is pretty cool. I also opened an account on USFantasyLines, and loaded on N.E. We will see how that works out.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:52 PM

I have checked out these sites, and it seems like each is a little different than the other. I love the idea of Daily contests. To me it is alot like regular sports betting, but it personalizes it way more. I actually opened an account on fantasysportslive.com, as I like the "new to the site" intro they have, and the interface seems basic. I also got free money when I opened my acct. Thanks for the heads-up on these sites.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Sports Gambling? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Performify