Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:54 PM

Default 1/2 TPGK in 3bet pot get raised on turn

Button is a 25/15/3 reg who I've played a lot (almost 1k hands) with. Possibly a 2+2er. We usually stay out of each other's way. He respects my raises and I respect his. BB is a donk.

Now this might seem a bit silly hand to ask for help on because I should know better myself, but how would you play this against a standard TAG? Flop play is standard I assume. Can we put him on AJ,JJ+ after the turn raise?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, BB folds
Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: 1/2 TPGK in 3bet pot get raised on turn

I imagine he'd just 3 bet the flop with a better jack 3 way.

Also same with overpairs, although he's more likely to wait as there's less risk with a hand like AA.

Is he capable of free showdowning a hand like TT/99 here? If so I would call the turn and fold the river UI.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he capable of free showdowning a hand like TT/99 here? If so I would call the turn and fold the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say. I realized I don't know anything specific about his play even after playing so many hands together. (player notes is empty too) I guess I just try to focus on the loose players and not mess around with the tight players.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM

gotta fold. that flop is real dry so you basically always have a jack and he knows you're going to bet the turn. i think he's gonna wait often with AJ+. the fact that it's 3-way with a donk in there means he is really unlikely to pull something retarded on the turn. so i can't see him having anything but 88 AJ QQ KK AA.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM

You might as well call now for your 2 pair, but I would probably fold the river if he bets again.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might as well call now for your 2 pair, but I would probably fold the river if he bets again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think you have odds to hit a 10. If he has QQ-AA then you have odds (if your Jack is good), but it's hard to say.

I think folding to the turn raise is right.