Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Default NL10 Is my hand strong enough to pooosh!!!

No poker tracker but table has been pretty LAG/AGGRO lots of preflop and post flop action.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (3 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($9.95)
SB ($11.95)
BB ($21.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Not sure what the optimal play is? Any suggestions appreciated.

Flop: ($0.90) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, HERO??
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: NL10 Is my hand strong enough to pooosh!!!

High variance but can 3bet/get all in and if you are against a TPBK hand you are a slight favorite. Two pair and sets you still have over 30% equity. Include fold equity in this hand and you can play it for a 3bet. It kinda depends on the villan and if you can get paid off when the next heart hits the turn, since villan gave you great odds to just call right now.

I dont like the villans miniraise here but you also didnt state what that means. Your really only in hotwater against a set, and I usually dont mind playing for stacks with a pair + flush draw assuming the flush card ace it out (in my hand or on board). I prefer to have the TP+nut flush draw which helps a bit more.

Well I wouldn't push here, just make a standard size 3bet to $3-4 and call a push if it comes to that.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't push here, just make a standard size 3bet to $3-4 and call a push if it comes to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Milky, thanks for the reply as I have played a few sessions against you(if you play pokerstars).

My first thought was to push so if I got a call I would get to see the turn and river. If I just reraise and then get called I probably have to fold to a bet on the turn if a non heart falls with half my stack invested. Not sure if this is correct thinking!

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Tuff, what's your screen name (pm if you want). If you see my milk carton it's me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM

I'd 3bet to 4 or 5 and call a shove.

Just call. You have 9 outs at best right now and your equity will change drastically on the turn.

edit: Oops I read the hand too quickly and didn't see that we had middle pair along w/ the FD. That makes me more ok w/ trying to get it in on this flop, but I prefer a 3bet to see how serious his min-raise is first.