Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 PM

Default The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World

Welcome to The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World. The game will begin tomorrow morning. I'll be sending out role PMs shortly.

Here is a list of the roles. I've purposely left out numbers of each role, and haven't named the roles. I'll also be providing a list of character names for the game, which will contain some names not actually in the game.

All questions related to your role must be asked by AIM/PM.

<u>Rules</u>

Votes must be in bold. Votes in quote boxes will not count.

Try not to edit your posts. If you must edit the formatting, that's fine. Do not change the content. As an addendum to this, when you bold something, please put an end tag on it. It's very easy, and avoids frustration for others quoting your post, who then have to edit.

If you sign up to play, you will play. If you don't vote in a day period, I will PM you. If you do not respond to that PM, or vote the next day, I will try and find a replacement for you. I'm not going to try &amp; see if you made a post but didn't vote. I'm going to look at empty spots on my vote count. If you have to back out of the game at any time, that's fine, just PM me in advance. If you have a replacement lined up, let me know, it will save me much hassle.

There's no talking at night. We all know this. Try &amp; observe this rule.

Dead people can't talk. They occasionally are able to send 1 last PM to the game mod with no strategy information. The game mod reserves the right to post it in the thread or not.

There's no talking outside the thread unless your role specifically allows it. Dead players cannot talk outside the game, period. Not with other dead players, not with non-players, not with players still in the game. There's the possibility of ressurection in this game.

Non players - please do not post in the thread. Please do not spam the thread with Turbo games. We can all see the sign-up threads, and any players who are interested can go join.

<u>Flow of the Game</u>

Due to the complexity of the game, I want everything on a schedule. This will allow me to keep my sanity, and eliminate mistakes.

Therefore, the game will run from 9AM - 9:30 PM 2+2 time, daily. All night actions should be sent to me by PM, so I have a copy available at home &amp; at work. All players can contact me on AIM at any time - my screen name is ZurvanCanada - to ask questions, or for any other reasons. I must receive all night actions by 8AM. Your first PM is binding.

<u>Good Guys</u>

Rand al'Thor - A regular villager, who will gain access to the Power early in the game. This will allow him to cast a limited number of spells throughout the game. This player is a target of various other characters throughout the game, for different reasons. For those of you who are not familiar with the books, Rand is the primary character of the series.

Protector - Adds 33% to Rand's survival against night attacks.

Aes Sedai - Votes count double against evil players, but as zero against good ones. Has a Warder, whose identity she knows. Warder and Aes Sedai can speak outside the thread. If the Warder is killed at night, or lynched, the Aes Sedai's vote does not count the next day.

Warder - Is Bonded to an Aes Sedai, and knows their identity. They can speak outside the thread. If their Aes Sedai is targetted for death at night, the Warder dies in her place.

Seer - Regular old seer.

Doctor - 50% protection against night kill.

Special Masonic Seer - Gets some insight in to who is speaking to each other at night. Can peek one player each night, and find out one other person they are able to speak with.

Vote Buyer - Can switch one players vote to somebody else. In the case of switching an Aes Sedai's vote, they move whatever the AS vote counted for on their target. So, if the AS voted for an evil player, the buyer moves 2 votes. If they vote for a good player, he moves zero votes. Similar rules apply to the Evil Seer votes.

Vote Counter - Receives the final vote counts at the end of each days voting.

Villagers - Most of the time, they're villagers. Some of the time, they have some other power. What that power is varies.

<u>Bad Guys</u>

Role-Blocker - Prevents their target from carrying out their night action, should they have one.

Vote-Buyer - Same as the good vote buyer.

Darkfriends - Regular old bad guys.

Evil Seer - Votes count double against good guys, and zero against bad guys. Also gets nightly peeks. Can convert certain players to Darkfriends. Cannot communicate with other Darkfriends, although he is aware of their identity, and they are aware of his.

Padan Fain - A person shrouded in mystery. His ultimate goal is the death of Rand al'Thor, and he has many ways of reaching that goal.

Corruptible Villager - Start as villagers, but under certain conditions, will become Darkfriends.

<u>Character Names</u>

Rand al'Thor
Agelmar
Ba'alzamon
Bayle Domon
Bran al'Vere
Egwene al'Vere
Elaida
Elayne Trakand
Elyas
Haral Luhhan
Howal Gode
Lan Mandragoran
Logain
Loial
Master Gill
Mat Cauthon
Mili Skane
Min Farshaw
Moiraine
Mordeth
Morgase Trakand
Myrddraal
Nynaeve al'Meara
Padan Fain
Paitr Conel
Perrin Aybara
Someshta
Tam
Thom Merrilin
Tomas
Verin Sedai

<u>Current players:</u>

amplify
nicholasp27
xorbie
MDoranD
wdcbooks
pudley4
durron597
sighing
PokerFox
GetThere1Time
BluffBank
Chuckles
Stephen H
LuckayLuck
rogue
ballin4life
traz
OurHouse
boiler
Scott Howard
thebram
shortline
kumubou/Jonsan
Old 09-24-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World

Additional Rules:

Role Reveals / Masonries

Most all of you have some player that you can talk to outside the thread, your masonry. I would prefer if you did not start revealing your roles, and that of your masonry partner to clear yourself. In fact, I would like to limit role reveals to situations where a power character is coming out for some reason. I add names so all players are unique, not so that you can prove you are a villager, and narrow down who the Darkfriends are.

ter'angreal

There is one ter'angreal available in the game. It will grant the player who finds it a special power. I will be leaving hints throughout the game. The answer will be the name of a player in the game. Everybody has a chance to win this power, and may guess one time only. I will not announce when the ter'angreal has been found, and will continue posting clues until it is used.

This is an extremely valuable power, that would be helpful to either side. If you are lynched or killed while in possession of the ter'angreal, and have not used it, the power is permanently lost.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:30 AM

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memory that becomes legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes around again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor edndings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Born below the ever cloud-capped peaks that gave the mountains their name, the wind blew east, out across the Sand Hills, once the shore of a great ocean, before the Breaking of the World. Through Emonds Field it blew, and swirled the smoke from the great fires to the North. It carried the sounds of screams and yelling to two figures riding south on the North Road.

Lan jerked his head up, "Trollocs", he said, as he whipped his stallion to a gallop.

Moiraine followed behind, "The Light help us, I hope we are not too late."

Through the dark of night they raced, until the reached the village of Emond's Field. The fires had been put out, and the battle was done. Three men met Moiraine and Lan as they came in to the village, and blocked the road with farming tools.

One man, round as a ball, wearing the scales of the Mayor, stepped forward. "I am Bran al'Vere. Who are you, travelling on this ill night?"

"My name is Moiraine Aes Sedai, and I'm here looking for somebody. What's happened here?"

"Trollocs, my Lady. They burned some houses, and killed a few. We have some injured people.. will you help us?"

Moiraine reached in to her belt pouch, and pulled out an ivory figurine. "Take me to your injured. I'll do what I can."

"My Lady Moiraine, thank you for your help. Last night you mentioned you were looking for somebody. Can I help you find him?"

"Master al'Vere, it's a young boy. He would have come here shortly after his birth, one or both of his parents born outside the Two Rivers. He'd be around his eighteenth name day."

"Moiraine Sedai, you must be thinking of Rand. He just arrived with his father Tam. They had some trouble last night themselves, but seem to have escaped unharmed.

"That's good. I would talk to him now."

Rand saw the lady coming towards him. She was short, barely up to his chin, but dressed in silks. She must be the Lady that Mat had told him about in passing. Why would a noble woman be visiting Emond's Field?, he thought to himself. Just then, he noticed the man walking behind her. He was hard, and moved like a cat. He was wearing a cloak that made him seem like a head and hands floating in the air. It was hard to look at him for long.

"Rand al'Thor?"

"Yes, my lady," he couldn't believe she was there. How long had he been staring at the man?

"I understand you were attacked last night. By Trollocs. The only other attacks were on men your age. A very specific age. I've been searching for you for a very long time. And so has the Dark One. You have something he wants, and I mean to keep it from him."

"My lady - or should I say Aes Sedai - my name is Tam al'Thor, and this is my son. What are you saying?" Tam asked.

"Rand was not born here, was he?"

"How would you know that? I brought him home with my wife Kari, after the Aiel War."

"Your son is special, Master al'Thor. He has the power to change the world. And we must leave this village, and get to Tar Valon. It is vital that Rand be protected. The Amyrlin and I have been looking for him since he was born. Since you found him."

"Found me? Father, what is she talking about?" Rand asked.

"I think we should have a talk, Rand. Moiraine Sedai, we will speak with you later."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS DAY. There are Darkfriends, and worse, among you. You must root them out, so Rand can live out his destiny.

Day will end at 9:30 PM tonight.

Current Players:

amplify
ballin4life
bluffbank
boiler
chuckles
durron597
GetThere1Time
kumubou
LuckayLuck
MDoranD
nicholasp27
Our House
PokerFox
pudley4
rogue
Scott Howard
shortline99
sighing
Stephen H
thebram
traz
wdcbooks
xorbie

Hint for the ter'angreal:

The pirates treasure
hidden from taxes and thieves
Maps they mark to help
Old 09-25-2006, 08:31 AM

I'm still waiting on a read receipt from Rogue. I forgot to mark at least one other, so if you've read your PM, send me a messge.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:41 AM

OurHouse

Nice write up Zurvan
Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 AM

Clarification of ter'angreal

The answer to the contest is the username of one of the players in the game. So, it is one of these:

amplify
ballin4life
bluffbank
boiler
chuckles
durron597
GetThere1Time
kumubou
LuckayLuck
MDoranD
nicholasp27
Our House
PokerFox
pudley4
rogue
Scott Howard
shortline99
sighing
Stephen H
thebram
traz
wdcbooks
xorbie

Each player in the game gets one guess, submitted by PM to me.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 AM

Since he said he would prefer if we didnt reveal, and not that it was against the rules...

You are Tam al'Thor, a villager.

Should Rand be targetted for death on night 1, you will die in his place.

You may speak with Nynaeve, the Wisdom, outside the thread on nights 1 and 2. She is ...

You may only chat with this player for the first two nights of the game. After that, you cannot communicate outside the thread at any time.

You will win if all Darkfriends are defeated.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 AM

I dont think thats what Zurvan wanted.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think thats what Zurvan wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

in life we often dont get what we want

I'm sure he'll get over it
Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 AM