Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Organ Donations

There is huge shortage of donors and I think that it is because most people do not think about. I understand there some religous reasons not to and others.

However, I think that the whole shortage could be solved if it was an opt-out policy rather that opt-in.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 PM

It wouldn't stop the whole shortage, but it would put a nice dent in the problem.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Being an organ donor should probably be a tax right off. I'd probably sell mine if I safely could.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is huge shortage of donors and I think that it is because it's illegal to sell organs, for no discernable reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is huge shortage of donors and I think that it is because it's illegal to sell organs, for no discernable reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. I'm guessing a huge percentage of those who don't do it now because of some vague distaste at the idea would change their minds for like 50 bucks. Getting paid for something now and not giving it up until you're dead is a pretty good deal, too.

We'd have to call them something other than "donors," though.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I think that the whole shortage could be solved if it was an opt-out policy rather that opt-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I'm sure you can tell, I feel pretty strongly about being an organ donor. But, I don't like the idea of an opt-out policy. Seems wrong to me for the Government to decide to do something with your body without your explicit permission.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious as to whether you would donate your organs (either dead or alive) and the reasoning behind your choice.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was, then I learned about the system and how everyone is making money off of the organs except for the donor. Rather than allowing a family to accept compensation for a deceased family member's organs, they donate them, and every person involved in the harvest, transport and transplant makes money off of it, the family makes nothing. It should be a way for families to pay for unexpected funerals, or increase their standard of living, instead, they are left with nothing.

I am no longer a donor, and I hope that others will stop donating as well. The only way to open the system is to close off the supply.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious as to whether you would donate your organs (either dead or alive) and the reasoning behind your choice.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was, then I learned about the system and how everyone is making money off of the organs except for the donor. Rather than allowing a family to accept compensation for a deceased family member's organs, they donate them, and every person involved in the harvest, transport and transplant makes money off of it, the family makes nothing. It should be a way for families to pay for unexpected funerals, or increase their standard of living, instead, they are left with nothing.

I am no longer a donor, and I hope that others will stop donating as well. The only way to open the system is to close off the supply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, let's kill people to make a silly point. Every single person involved in the process makes money for doing a service. Transporting and operating take time, effort, and money. Donating the organs you're no longer using doesn't really cost you anything.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donating the organs you're no longer using doesn't really cost you anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you end up in heaven with no butt hole or something.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Donating the organs you're no longer using doesn't really cost you anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you end up in heaven with no butt hole or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Jesus is there and he'll give you a hand.