Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Default TT in a four way pot, lots of turn action

CO is 70/3/.8, SB is 35/3/0.3, UTG is 60/3/.3

they are all major donks obviously, but also very passive. who doesn't like the turn 3-bet? is this a river value bet?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero....?

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: TT in a four way pot, lots of turn action

I like all of it so far, value bet the river.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM

Turn is good. You get 3:1 on your money if they all call and you are about 3.6:1 on filling up to a boat. So even if someone has the straight you are not loosing much. If no one has the straight you are obviously winning big on the money going in.

River is a valuebet. Puke and call if someone raises. It would be standard for a donk to raise KT or other Kings up hands and the pot is just too huge to ever consider folding.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 AM

I Think the turn 3bet was correct, as you surely had the best hand atthat point. The river would depend on me being scared of a CR. but given the passiveness of the players you mentioned, I would probably bet/fold the river, because if one of them raises, then they´ll probably have something. Bet because they would probably also call with something like two pair or something. probably wrong, but maybe some clever poster would help out better
Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 AM

Turn-raise is good and river you should bet for value and call a raise.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably bet/fold the river, because if one of them raises, then they´ll probably have something. Bet because they would probably also call with something like two pair or something. probably wrong, but maybe some clever poster would help out better

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reason for betting makes sense but your reason for folding to a raise doesn't. Yes they probably have something if they raise but we have something as well. A raise could be twopair or a lower set or even TP. The pot is too big to fold for 1BB on river.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Folding would be disgusting. 12BB went in on the turn alone, this pot is HUGE. The hands you could CR with include a few you can beat. (Kings up most likely). If you're raised you're most likely beat, but folding would be criminal.

Edit: counted pot. Depending on how the river action goes, if you're CR you're getting 23:1 on you call. They'd have to pry the set from my cold dead fingers before I'd fold getting those odds
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding would be disgusting. 12BB went in on the turn alone, this pot is HUGE. The hands you could CR with include a few you can beat. (Kings up most likely). If you're raised you're most likely beat, but folding would be criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I´m sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:27 PM

hey guys, i have the nuts on the river, what should I do?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, i have the nuts on the river, what should I do?

[/ QUOTE ] B/F :-D