Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Default World Series of Golf

Quick note on the WSOG. I’ll write an in-depth report later in the week. I played my heart out but didn’t win my first round, eliminating me from the event. Rhett Butler, who took 5th at the WSOP ME final table last year, came from way back to beat Matt Othick, who basketball fans might remember as the starting point guard at Arizona from 89-92. Matt kills the ball, bet aggressively and made it hard on the rest of our foursome. On the par three 17th, I had a chance to triple up and get back in it after Matt and Rhett had hit bad shots, but I missed the green also. Rhett made an unbelievable up and down for par and I missed a 12-footer that I thought was going in to get eliminated. Then Matt lost his swing on the next few holes, being eliminated on the second playoff hole.

Rhett won an incredible match today to advance to the finals tomorrow. Phil Ivey made it also, coming back from an 11-1 deficit. The five-man final is tomorrow. I’m going out there to sweat it and gather some material for a good story.

For any of you in Vegas, I did an interview the Channel 3 news at 11 which should be shown tonight.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: World Series of Golf

u got beat by the star of "gone with the wind"...lol
Old 05-16-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u got beat by the star of "gone with the wind"...lol

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sure this joke wasn't used at all on the course.

Blair,

Can't wait for the report. Please tell me this looks like it is going to be given the proper treatment on TV.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:43 AM

Most of the Rhett Butler jokes got used up on the first tee. Frankly, I didn't give a damn. This should be great TV. It will be on NBC next month.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the Rhett Butler jokes got used up on the first tee. Frankly, I didn't give a damn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold.

I look forward to hearing more about your experience with this...hope you follow-up as indicated in your OP.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Blair - Would you or someone else who knows write a long piece on this game. I read the info and cannot understand how the final fivesome can be fair if there are no strokes involved. My undrstanding is that only tee handicapping is involved? If the first two rounds were flighted how can the poorer player even be competative in the finals? If it is handicapped how can strokes be awarded to players without verified USGA handicaps?

Wally