Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-29-2007, 04:32 PM

Default 2 Pair with 4-straight on board

LAG game - Live 8/16

CO is a LAG preflop and LPP postflop. He's a lively, animated guy and fun to have in the game. He also likes to raise light (any A, TJo, etc) from any position. UTG+2 is a LPP.

Preflop: 3 limps to CO who raises. Folds to me in the BB with 56s. I call, limpers call too.

Flop: 3 4 5 r.
I donk, UTG+2 and CO call, rest fold.

Turn: 6 (don't remember suit)
I bet(?) UTG+2 and CO call

River: 10 (no flush possible)
I...

What do you think of the play on other streets. I think flop and preflop are fine. Not sure it was wise to bet the turn...
Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: 2 Pair with 4-straight on board

I'm not sure about the turn bet...If you got popped by the CO, looks as though the pot is big enough to draw at your boat. All in all, though, I think betting makes the most sense.

As played, I think you have to value bet the river and likely fold to a raise. If it goes "bet, call, raise..." you can fold I think. if it goes bet fold, raise, you might have to call one more...not sure here either.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM

betfold
Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 PM

I apologize for not answering your question, but I think this hand is an excellent example of the difficulties involved with playing drawing hands like this out of position. Not to say this was a fold preflop, I'm just sayin'....
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM

This is clearly an example of the difficulty involved in playing out of position. What's your point? Are you implying I should have folded preflop from the BB in a big pot raised by a guy capable of raising any unsuited A? If not, why are you posting?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM

* grunch *

Preflop I'm guessing 5 way is good enough to play 65s for one bet from the BB? I'm not too good with mediocre hands, plus OOP, so I'm thinking folding isn't too horrific either...

Flop I bet. Vulernable top pair with OESD, I don't mind it being multiway for multiple bets (I think we have >= 10 outs here so big pot equity advantage).

Turn I think you have to bet. Our two pair is probably good right now. If we get raised by these passives behind us I believe we have enough to call for our boat.

River I think is a pretty easy bet/fold. Passives are typically only going to raise with a straight on this board so I think we can safely fold. And Tx or pocket pairs will usually pay us off here.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Unless its being limp rr'd often I think this is an easy call from the bb.
I like the Turn bet you probably have the best hand and a bet protects it.If you don't bet your pretty much committed to folding to a bet b/c you won't be getting odds to draw to a full house.
I would b/f river if someone had a str8 they likely would have raised the turn