Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

i'm not as naive as that post made me out to be, the point was that when i think about being single it seems significantly less enjoyable than my current situation. i don't entertain unrealistic thoughts like "omgz we're so in luvvvv we gonna get married 8========D." i'm not a [censored] idiot. i'm just enjoying it while i can, so thanks for jumping all over me.

also, i don't get the boosted J reference.

edit: nm, yeah i do.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One day, she'll dump you, and you'll go into a woman hating shell for 4 years. Thats just being realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years?!?

[censored]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not as naive as that post made me out to be, the point was that when i think about being single it seems significantly less enjoyable than my current situation. i don't entertain unrealistic thoughts like "omgz we're so in luvvvv we gonna get married 8========D." i'm not a [censored] idiot. i'm just enjoying it while i can, so thanks for jumping all over me.

also, i don't get the boosted J reference.

edit: nm, yeah i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a joke [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:53 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

give yourself some time between. i think you need a few years to get over the adjustment of marriage before another huge adjustment of being a parent.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 27 and starting to hit this stage now. Main reason is I hate the beginning stages of relationships now whereas before they were all the fun. I don't really like going out drinking and meeting people as much as I used to. I have my close circle of friends and I'm content with that. I have a pretty serious girlfriend now and even though I can probably do better, I'm putting some serious thought into just settling in with her out of convenience.

I used to think I'd want to be single until I was 40 and have six girlfriends forever etc. Thats just not practical though unless your whole life is built around chasing tail. If you want to have a normal life and not drink 5 nights a week and be constantly spending loads of your waking hours getting to know women, maintaining relationships with them etc, its just not really possible. Just comes down to it being a ton of effort to be a single dude...and for me thats time better spent making money or traveling or just reading a book. If any of that makes any [censored] sense at all lol

[/ QUOTE ]

geez, i hope she never reads this!!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:30 AM

The thrill of pursuing successfully >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>> The thrill of being pursued...

I love challenges and thrive on them... I love chatting up women...

I don't think I'll ever stop doing this....when I'm settled down though I'm highly unlikely to cheat... but its still nice to know you've got it...
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM

I'm 23, and I'd consider myself and my girlfriend to be more mature than most people in the world. Call this naive if you will, but we've already crossed the stage into wanting to get married. I'm 99% sure we are ready for it. And this comes after about 1.7 years of me thinking how long this will last. I had a breakthrough and can see the light. However, most people around my age, are definitely not mature enough.

However, I'm against marriage as a means for showing love, so the marriage will mean nothing to me other than making my girlfriend happy...ie. she wouldn't feel comfortable having kids or buying a house outside of marriage b/c of sick social conditioning.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Hello Jurollo:

I am 29 now. I can say for surety that 24 is five years ago, and that is a very long time. I remember my 25th birthday, and I remember (not literally) wanting to kill myself. I felt so dang OLD!

This is part of the journey of life, you go through bizarre crisis that make no sense, and I think that for whatever reason, your brain speeds to far into the future at the cusp of 25. It is now that you are feeling mortal, feel like you should have a life like others, etc.

I felt odd at 25 because I knew a lot of people that were in a serious relationship or married. I read in a paper that the average American was married at 26. My goodness! I had a lot of work to do! The average marriage lasts about 7 years, and that says a ton about readiness and how that relates to maturity.

Getting nearer to 30, things in life make a little more sense. I don't feel nor look old. At this point, I have realized that certain goals and ideals are not attainable. I know many people will say this is BS, but I can assure you that after sustaining two years worth of injuries and other unspeakable events in my life that I will never be able to train like I used to (see my avatar).

What about singleness? I am single, and don't mind it really. I don't feel the pressure of settling down, but I do know that it would be nice to have a constant companion. I have a few female friends, but I don't see them in a way that I want to find myself in bed with them for the rest of my life.

I don't think that I will ever get sick of meeting new women, but I do feel an urge to do man things for a woman. Not in the physical as much as emotional. This would include witnessing and effecting another life story, buying X-mas gifts, and basically waking up in the morning and saying "hi" to the same face everyday.

This did not come about one day. It is a series of thoughts that gets this thinking rolling. One day, you will see a girl in the bar, and think, "you know, she's laughing now, but she'll be puking all over the place later on." Eventually, you will meet a girl in and intellectual place and find that you prefer to meet girls in this setting. It is a gradual change, and it sneaks up on you.

Some people purposely try to make this change, and it is an error of epic proportions. I think that these people are seldom ready for a commitment, much less sharing a lease and a child.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:29 PM

seriously, you know nothing at 19. you just think you do.
until you're like 30 or later, every few years in your teens and 20s you look back and think, "wtf was I thinking???"