Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

Yeah I noticed that today. In fact, I 3-bet you more than you 3-bet me; I had real hands each time. One was a cringe 3-bet where I had QQ but you'd been called in two spots, thus it stunk so bad of a squeeze.

Your game seems good from what I've seen and if you manage the level of waring I'm sure you'll do well.

I personally think BareAce11 is a good example of the approach I suggest. When I first hit NL$200 FR he was a total play machine vs me. He pounded non-stop on me with 3-bets, c/r's, etc, etc but once I showed him I wouldn't just sit and take it he stopped over night. I generally find he's not too much trouble at the table and I expect he finds that about me. Just there he was sat at nearly all my tables and by the looks of things we both made money.

Jong is the one player I just can't get through to and that's probably why I've taken more off him than any other NL$200 player. His agro style forces me to single him out and concentrate on taking his game apart. His loss.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tonight session is pretty bad i am getting destroyed and running very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

SNAP - currently my month is ~BE through 16k - during periods like this i question whether i know how to play poka at all. Or sometimes i delude myself into thinking that my PC has been hijacked by some rogue software that enables everyone to see my cards. Obv aggression drops during these periods, but on a positive note a thorough evaluation of my overal game also takes place during these periods.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow this year-end Iron man bonus sounds friggin hot. I'm in line for a $1k bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we work off this bonus, does that mean we will not get rakeback? then isnt it kinda meaningless?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Since a lot of you are giving analysis of other players, i'd like some suggestions about my game...strengths/weaknesses/constructive critisizm/etc....(ralphd27 on ftp obv)
Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow this year-end Iron man bonus sounds friggin hot. I'm in line for a $1k bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we work off this bonus, does that mean we will not get rakeback? then isnt it kinda meaningless?

[/ QUOTE ]

FTPDoug has said in the bonuses forum that the Ironman bonus, unlike other bonuses, will *not* hit MGR. That is, you will get full rakeback + ironman bonus.

If you buy a bonus in the iron man story you will get ironman bonus + regular bonus + (rakeback - reg. bonus hit). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since a lot of you are giving analysis of other players, i'd like some suggestions about my game...strengths/weaknesses/constructive critisizm/etc....(ralphd27 on ftp obv)

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to like to tangle with regs too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If today is anything to go by NL$200 on FT will be a crazy AI luck fest within a month. Lots of the super-agro NL$100 players have moved up now and the skill in the game is purely preflop range estimation.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Why would a pro like you want to upset a fish like me?

The reason i made the above comments Gamboooool20 was because previously over the last few months (without any prior conversations between us or provocation) you have randomly made derogatory remarks about my game at the tables when we have no even been in hands together. I don't care how useless you think my game but slagging me off a the tables for no reason just smacks of being a wXXker to me.

I have heaps of respect for nearly all of the players i play against but i don't have any time tw*ts who want to make unprovoked smart arse remarks about me when I am playing.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

I think this should be renamed "the official FT regulars smacktalk thread."
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this should be renamed "the official FT regulars smacktalk thread."

[/ QUOTE ]

my internet penis is HUGE!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM

There he is...

Good to see you giveusakiss.....if I made any derogatory remarks about your game it was probably a followup to frustration from a beat you laid on me while I was running bad, or, I guess the one thing that I have a tendency to do is to berate the waste of time minbets and minraises from any player. Guilty as charged there, when you were doing it. I also go off on shortstacker nits who hit n run but you don't fall into that category. Anyway had you replied at the point when I was making the comments in question we could've gotten that out of our system then instead of you finally winning a few big pots off of me months later and berating my play in spots where my logic was sound. I don't think I've EVER bashed you after taking a pot from you. It just pours salt on the wound.

Anyway, thanks for posting. At least I know where you're coming from now and I'll try to lay off in the chat. When I'm steaming I DO talk too much. That's something I need to work on but it appears to be my biggest challenge.

And to clarify...I don't see you as a fish. As far as I can tell you play at least well enough to come close to breakeven and probably make ridiculous amounts of rakeback. So if that works for you then great. It's not like when you come to the table I'm happy to see the ATM. I don't target you the way I do real fish.