Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Jihad,

Why don't you try writing for Flex or maybe T-nation before you waste our time and yours with some sort of half-cocked "article" (when I type that I out I feel the same way I feel when rappers or gang leaders refer to other perps as being assassinated).

I'm just scared someone will follow your advice.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM

Thousands of great (not elite) rock climbers can easily do multiple one-arm pullups. None of them have bodies anything close to "triangular".
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thousands of great (not elite) rock climbers can easily do multiple one-arm pullups. None of them have bodies anything close to "triangular".

[/ QUOTE ]

Realtive strengthaments.

I didn't know if it was the idea that he should ask permission to write an article, needed some sort of validation, or the fact it'll likely be terrible advice that put me on tilt more this morning.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jihad,

Why don't you try writing for Flex or maybe T-nation before you waste our time and yours with some sort of half-cocked "article" (when I type that I out I feel the same way I feel when rappers or gang leaders refer to other perps as being assassinated).

I'm just scared someone will follow your advice.

[/ QUOTE ]Jesus Christ why do you consistently go so far out of your way to be a dick with your responses? This is supposed to be a friendly forum for open discussion of myriad fitness topics. You seem to think that just because I've had different experiences than you, reacted differently to training techniques than you, and have read less articles than you, nothing I say is valid despite any results that you may or may not have read about. Its not just me either, it seems like every time your responding to somebody its filled with animosity and vitriol if they either disagree with you or appear to have less experience than you.

I have no problem with the advice you give, although I generally ignore it because of the tone you take with everybody, because a great deal of it is very informative and helpful to a lot of people. But here's the thing, not everybody on here is as serious as you, as informed as you, or as experienced as you, so maybe you should just settle down a bit and focus on warmly inviting people to get in shape the proper way.

One thing that you're consistently wrong about, and need to correct yourself on to be taken seriously, is that you always give the appearance that you don't realize that some things work differently for different people than they would for you. Your workout program undoubtedly suffers from that close-mindedness, and your validity as a poster most definetely does. You should know (you obviously spend a lot of time reading up on stuff) that there are different body types that respond differently to everything from nutrition to lifting routines. Why not embrace that and try to learn something rather than trying to constantly establish your dominance on this board.

Last thing I'll say WRT you involving yourself in this topic with such a negative response... I haven't read your log in a while, but I'm pretty sure that next to you I am a [censored] house. There is picture proof on this board of the success that I've had building a large and shredded back. Why not soak up what I have to say, constructively critique what you think is wrong, and then engage yourself in a conversation that would likely have a large positive impact on the readers of the thread. Either that or post a "gay" picture of your back, then talk about how you got there and how perfect your program is, and why you're better than me.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Pile ON!

Maybe our response have something to do with this:

[ QUOTE ]
he main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Maybe you should let him post the article before you start making fun of it.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You're right, def. concede to that point. I used to climb a lot in college and was always amazed at what kind of power the skinny dudes had. I guess I'm just referring to people that are mainly in the gym lifting, looking for size as well as strength. I can only imagine how strong I would have to be to break off a 1-arm @ 220#, lol. My 1RM on a regular pulldown is somewhere around 340ish, and I don't think I'd be anywhere CLOSE to those.

Oh and I remember seeing some pretty badass Bruce Lee video's doing a bunch of strength demos, and I was always blown away at how distinctly triangular his back was. Like perfectly geometrical, lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:12 PM

Jihad,

I know different things work for different people. For the first few years of lifting... The same things work for everyone. After several years of putzing around... You'll figure out what works for you.

Also you're much much bigger than me. Does it matter? I deride your advice since its terrible. If people did the same workouts as you (sans juice) they'd likely become overtrained and start taking steps backward almost immediately. Half your workouts could be in Flex. FFS.

Also yeah, the Smiley quote was spot on. I don't think anyone who is doing a combination of O lifts/rows/Pull ups is really going to have more than a pittance of improvement to optimal.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pile ON!

Maybe our response have something to do with this:

[ QUOTE ]
he main topic of the write up would be [censored] that I see people do retarded on a daily basis in the gym, stuff you all almost def. do. Like I said, nobody lifts back correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sorry, I was trying to make it clear that was a gross generalization, I'm generally pretty sarcastic and that doesn't always come across online. There are a TON of people that are way bigger/more shredded than I am, and they would correct me on a lot of stuff that I do while lifting, but I do see/hear a lot of very big mistakes.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jihad,

I know different things work for different people. For the first few years of lifting... The same things work for everyone. After several years of putzing around... You'll figure out what works for you.

Also you're much much bigger than me. Does it matter? I deride your advice since its terrible. If people did the same workouts as you (sans juice) they'd likely become overtrained and start taking steps backward almost immediately. Half your workouts could be in Flex. FFS.

Also yeah, the Smiley quote was spot on. I don't think anyone who is doing a combination of O lifts/rows/Pull ups is really going to have more than a pittance of improvement to optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]Out of curiosity, and I mean this question to be as serious and far away from the mudslinging as possible, how do you define overtraining? And to what end (goal) are you relating your definition to? Obviously there has to be a separation of the definition based on the goal you are training to (i.e. power vs. speed vs. endurance vs. shredding). I know you have said several times that my workouts put me well into "overtraining" and I couldn't disagree more, but I'd like to know if you have some key factors for defining the term.