Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: AP current CEO?

btw I'm like 90% sure that a certain AJ Grant, who finished 14th in a random Costa Rica $150 event, is also AJ Green/Grimard. Humberto Brenes was in CR for that tournament series and won some event or other. Who wants to ask him what AJ Grant looks like?

edit: minor correction re: Escazu:

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute offices are definitely not in Escazu. Very close, but they are in I believe Sabanilla (though it may be Rohrmoser but is definitely not Escazu). They are located in the 2nd floor of a huge shopping mall complex called Plaza Major.

The residences of all top AP guys were in Escazu. Many of them lived together.

[/ QUOTE ]

So AJ registered that domain to his home address, not work. My bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please be skeptical about this, honestly.

The guy on FCP states,
[ QUOTE ]
"I was just talking to a friend of mine who plays heavily at Absolute Poker (he would rather be left nameless) about the recent POTRIPPER scandal. He does not post/read any internet forums, and was unaware of the situation."

[/ QUOTE ]

So the guy plays a bunch at AP, a poster at FCP with 1300+ posts calls him a friend, and he knows absolutely nothing about this?

Also, and this is less important, but this sentence in the supposed email from AP:
[ QUOTE ]
"We contacted our promotions department and they informed us that steamroller belongs to the Absolute Poker Staff. For this reason, what he offered you is in legit."

[/ QUOTE ]
seems a little sketchy, especially given the fact that the guy's reason for emailing AP support in the first place is "to make sure my friend contacted AP support to see if this guy was <u>legit.</u>"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, Miles,

I can vouch for Cwik's credibility.

His friend, I cannot.

People on FCP think I'm credible, as they made me a mod, so take this for whatever it's worth, lol.

But, I can vouch for Cwik, anyways.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much think that you guys aren't even close to the bottom of the well yet. Indian tribes are oftentimes affiliated with federal governments.(see: Jack Abramoff) Good job and keep going.

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Just posted at P5s.

PocketFives just received a phone call from Absolute Poker confirming the suspicions of the online poker community over the past month. While we need to be vague in this post to respect their wishes, we can say that their systems were compromised, and that they are prepared to provide the details in a statement coming shortly.

Part of the statement will include a plan to refund players affected by this compromise.

We are extremely relieved to hear this outcome, as our most important goal in all this is to see justice given to those who were cheated in this process. Pocketfives is extremely proud to have played a part in the process of uncovering the impropriety that has occurred. We would of course like to thank all the other parties who played a key role in this process—specifically the folks that have been posting here and at twoplustwo.com.

This is great news for everyone. Keep your eyes out for the statement.

Extremely Relieved,

--Adam

http://www.pocketfives.com/18B87A4F-...9C725E0FA.aspx
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM

oh snap
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Wow, awesome. Amazing job by all you guys who spent so much time working on this.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just posted at P5s.

PocketFives just received a phone call from Absolute Poker confirming the suspicions of the online poker community over the past month. While we need to be vague in this post to respect their wishes, we can say that their systems were compromised, and that they are prepared to provide the details in a statement coming shortly.

Part of the statement will include a plan to refund players affected by this compromise.

We are extremely relieved to hear this outcome, as our most important goal in all this is to see justice given to those who were cheated in this process. Pocketfives is extremely proud to have played a part in the process of uncovering the impropriety that has occurred. We would of course like to thank all the other parties who played a key role in this process—specifically the folks that have been posting here and at twoplustwo.com.

This is great news for everyone. Keep your eyes out for the statement.

Extremely Relieved,

--Adam

http://www.pocketfives.com/18B87A4F-...9C725E0FA.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm excited to see the statement, this is good news.

Is doubledrag and greycat fiasco going to be involved?

and the thread ends on a high note!
Closed Thread