Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:23 AM

Default GOODBYE MONEY II

40/80 at the Borgata:

Hero has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, its three bets to me and I cap it; since I am a 2+2er and nobody can see through my deception.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position and the pair of deuces, which I figure is good here since everbody is drawing.

How should hero play this hand differently to get max EV? Was I too obvious in capping the flop? Should I have slowplayed this hand?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: GOODBYE MONEY II

You forgot to talk about "metagame."
Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You forgot to talk about "metagame."

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is metagame?

Does Maoz2Glory have "metagame" in the Psychology forum? His post is titled "Should I quit my job or keep landscaping?"
Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Why does the second flop only have 1 card?

*edit*
Overall your play here is pretty solid. I think you might have been a little overzealous on the turn, but on the river you have a clear value bet as the turn 3betting villain is clearly overplaying the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If someone happens to have you beat this hand should at least help to create a good gambly table image for you.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM

I assume everyone then folded to you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Congratulations!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM

how did you elect to spend all the monies you won in that pot?!?!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume hookers and blow. I've watched enough Law and Order to know that there are many many tranny prostitutes in NY so hopefully OP was wise enough to avoid them.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM

40/80 at the Borgata:

Hero has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, its three bets to me and I cap it; since I am a 2+2er and nobody can see through my deception.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position.

RIVER is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB bets, UTG raises, hijack raises, CO calls and I cap it since I have position and the pair of deuces, which I figure is good here since everbody is drawing.

How should hero play this hand differently to get max EV? Was I too obvious in capping the flop? Should I have slowplayed this hand?

Sorry, I meant river after the turn......
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM

i lol'd
Old 08-24-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All you can eat buffet. I walked in 4PM on Wednesday and walked out 7PM on Saturday.........
Closed Thread